Salary Cap 2007.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much salary cap the packers will have in 2007 and what other teams are going to have a bunch? Also I think the salary cap jumps from 102 million to 109 million next year.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As with many things it is a moving target. Even though the every other day roster moves of the practice squad and low end roster spots involve NFL minimumal wages associated with those spots, the deadline for spending the remaining 2006 cap is rapidly approaching.

Spending a good portion of what remains should be spent on one of the DT's. My preference is Jenkins.

It may be rolled over to next year through accounting "loopholes" as was done last season with Craig Nall(signing a new contract with insentives that will not be met).

About 3 more weeks and we will learn much more about the 2007 cap.
The obligations of 2007 are relatively certain. The gross cap # is not.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol it's a lot. Can't give the exact numbers. We're 6 or 7 under right now and we have several expirings as well. If Favre retires we gain 10 mil as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
some where around 27 million projected right now..

Brett is do a cap hit of 11.8 i think..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some where around 27 million projected right now..

Brett is do a cap hit of 11.8 i think..

From what I read this is fairly close. With contracts we end up not renewing and players we have been paying that were cut that fall off we are in the upper tier of teams cap wise.

The Vikes are supposed to have more than us but that is the result of several defensive players that may not get a new contract next year.

Members online

Latest posts