1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sal Alosi Trip - punishment too harsh?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Scout200, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]

The NFL suspended New York Jets strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping of Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll on Sunday. He was also fined $25,000.

Some people feel that his punishment is too harsh while others think it should be more severe.. what are your thoughts?

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I don't think it's nearly harsh enough. If it were up to me he'd be banned for life from the NFL. That was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen and it made me sick. The Jets organization should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    When some glorified first aid worker potentially harms a game, he's gotta go, forever. I was hoping some 350 lb lineman was gonna go over there and swallow his ***...

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I think its funny :D

5. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I was hoping somebody would represent too, maybe Wake or Harris to take out his nether regions so he can't reproduce. But the Dolphins did the smartest thing they could of done under the circumstances by not retaliating or they would of been suspended or fined themselves.

6. BoilerUp

BoilerUp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Fired and banned. He's what, a 30's something year old man? Get with it. He could have seriously injured injured the guy. I don't think people understand how fast those players are running down the field on plays like that And no way in hell he is paying attention to a coach on the side line, then all of a sudden you have a knee in your quad? His knee moves down a few inches and you most likely have a serious knee problem. He's a joke, get him out of the NFL.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think it would be appropriate for the nfl to ban him from any sideline of any nfl game for life. If the Jets want to continue to employ him thats their business. The nfl cant really fire him to begin with as he is a jets employee and not an nfl one. Its different from the players.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    If he was a real man he would have done that to steve smith of the Panthers. Or Ray Lewis.

9. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    If the fool did that the only question would be where to bury the body. On the right or left side of Jimmy Hoffa.

10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Its a stiff penalty for an unacceptable act. Interfering with the play on the field can reduce the credibility of the NFL. I'm not sure how much he makes, but I doubt it is too high - doubt its in 6 figures. This could cost him 30-40% of his income. If the Jets don't slip him some $ on the side it becomes a huge penalty for him and his family.

He's probably at home right now unwrapping little Sal's XBox Kinect so he can return to walmart.

I think it was an appropriate penalty.

11. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Alosi update:

Jets suspend Alosi indefinitely! The team found "new information" that the Alosi "instructed" five players to stand in a wall before he tripped Dolphins Nolan Carroll...

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Fire and fine the $#&^*@%^!

He should never ever have any football related job or be allowed near any football field again! Even Pee-Wee.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    If the Ravens arent in the SB I think we could just settle with a steel cage match between him and ray lewis.

I think the Players Association would be okay with that.