Saints would have picked Hawk

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro Football Talk has a article that said if Bush went #1 the Saints would have taken Hawk.

MARIO WOULD HAVE FALLEN TO FOURTH

Another intriguing nugget on which we recently stumbled was that defensive end Mario Williams expected in the days prior to the draft to be taken not by the Saints at No. 2, but by the Jets at No. 4.

This expectation gave Williams an even greater incentive to ink a deal with the Texans to become the first overall pick.

Most assumed that Williams would be drafted by the Saints at No. 2, if the Texans took Bush at No. 1. But we're now told that in the days prior to the draft, the Saints opted to focus on Hawk instead of Williams.

So if the Texans had stayed with Bush, Hawk would have gone No. 2 to the Saints, Vince Young would have been taken at No. 3 by the Titans, Williams would have gone to the Jets at No. 4, and the Packers likely would have selected tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 5.

The Jets, we heard, would have tried to develop Williams into a Richard Seymour-type fixture in their new 3-4 scheme.
Well, Reggie helped the Packers. D'Brick might have been the LG instead of Colledge.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
D'Brick is a Tackle and doesn't fit the mold of a Guard. We would have had to (mistakenly I might add) move Clifton or Taush to guard :(

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except Ferguson has the quickness of the average 250 pound guy, and Colledge is just a solid athlete for his size.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Except Ferguson has the quickness of the average 250 pound guy, and Colledge is just a solid athlete for his size.
This is just chat fodder, but, I heard that Brick got his *** handed to him at the Senior Bowl. For what that's worth because I didn't see it and the media is always looking for chinks in the armor.
Hammer

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
kmac said:
This is just chat fodder, but, I heard that Brick got his *** handed to him at the Senior Bowl. For what that's worth because I didn't see it and the media is always looking for chinks in the armor.
Hammer

Really??? I heard that D'Brick handed Mathias Kiwanuka's *** to him as well as others during the Senior Bowl. I didn't see it either though...

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

Colledge 40 time 5.04 or 4.98 depending on source.
Ferguson 40 time 5.07 or 5.04 depending on source.

My point is that you hear some criticisms over some of these guys and the items are rather minor. Some of the exagerations are over minor items also.

The Packers were lucky Colledge was still on the board when then drafted again. His differences with Ferguson are not as great as the difference between Hawk and who was available at LB in the second round.

Had the Packers drafted Ferguson he would be playing LG this year too.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
kmac said:

Colledge 40 time 5.04 or 4.98 depending on source.
Ferguson 40 time 5.07 or 5.04 depending on source.

My point is that you hear some criticisms over some of these guys and the items are rather minor. Some of the exagerations are over minor items also.

The Packers were lucky Colledge was still on the board when then drafted again. His differences with Ferguson are not as great as the difference between Hawk and who was available at LB in the second round.

Had the Packers drafted Ferguson he would be playing LG this year too.

40 times really have nothing to do with quickness for offensive linemen. I'd like to know what their 10 yard time is. I think they record that at the combine also.

Members online

Latest posts