Saints Against A Hungry Green Bay Team

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows? Given our track record this year, you can expect us to come out flat and then make a furious charge at the end of the game, which hopefully will be enough this week.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off - I would ask what we can expect from the Saints when they comes to town?

The Packers will work to bring their A-game. Packerfans would like to see four quarters of what we saw in the second half against Carolina. The Players are who would be in charge of that happening.

The Saints are 2-2 so far this Season... it should be a pretty good game.
I noticed that these two teams are linked in multiple ways amongst the personnel... The "before & after" of this game would be interesting to watch or be a part of... that's fer sure!

Always watch the Scrimmage line - that's where games are won or lost!

OP
OP
S

SaintsFaninAustin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to think that the Saints are coming into their own after finally finding some normalcy the past week. Both teams have been hit by injuries and I have a feeling Brett will attack our secondary as we have a rookie starting at FS, but he'll have to have time to throw and I'm not sure your line will give it to him. The game will be interesting, and potentially high scoring, to say the least.

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Saints fan this game scares the hell out of me.

On paper the Saints should have the edge. The pack is 0-4. They're without their #1 WR. The O-line is a mess. Green has been non-existant and now possibly injured. But, the game isn't played on paper. It's played on the field!

Favre may be the best player of my generation. He could practically "will" a win by himself. Driver, Fergie, and Chatman are 3 reliable WR's. Franks is one of the better TE's , although his numbers don't show it.

This is going to be a good game. I could see a high scoring one also.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lock827 said:
This is going to be a good game. I could see a high scoring one also.

It will be a high scoring game...

While the Packer run defense has made tremendous strides, their pass defense--not so much. If Aaron Brooks has time to throw, the Saints offense could put up some points...but at the same time, I think you're gonna see "4th quarter" Brett Favre all game on Sunday, the packers will not go 0-5, especially in Lambeau Field

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I alsot think it will be high scoring due to turnovers. Our boy Brooks likes to commit at least 2 a week :x

Also, our pass rush has finally started to "gel". That mixed with a subpar O-line could mean a couple of picks for our secondary.

I bet the last thing you guys want to see is Mckenzie pick Favre off :lol:

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel free to visit us over at www.saintsrevolution.com to talk up the game.

We like to keep some friendly smack talking going with other boards leading up to the game. It's all in good fun though!

Here's to a good game with no more injuries for either team! :thumbsup:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lock827 said:
I alsot think it will be high scoring due to turnovers. Our boy Brooks likes to commit at least 2 a week :x
Now, "that's" a positive Packer thought... I really hope so....

Lock827 said:
Also, our pass rush has finally started to "gel". That mixed with a subpar O-line could mean a couple of picks for our secondary.
You must've fallen asleep during the 2nd half of the MNF game we had against Carolina - Clifton is questionable right now and Flanny's not comin' back fer awhile... Green is probable, but unsure if he will sit out all week or not... haven't heard full story on his injury yet.. they're kinda mum right now... The O-Line with Klemm, and Ruegamer and Wells is coming back into its own.. you might want to rethink that idea....

Lock827 said:
I bet the last thing you guys want to see is Mckenzie pick Favre off :lol:
More like, Favre throwin' where McKenzie can't reach it and we score on him.... :twisted:

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Lock827 and SaintsFaninAustin thanks for stopping through boyz. Your site is great btw. Anyone interested in stopping out there please do so. They are our weekly rival on the Football Rival Network that packerforum.com now belongs to. (See the upper right corner of the homepage).

www.saintsrevolution.com

Thanks for Welcome Ryan. You guys are definitely welcome to come check us out. We exchange injury report rumors and talk different matchups and strategies that may be used, and of course TALK SOME SMACK.....all in good fun of course

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw...lock827...what's up w/ Stallworth...I had him on my fantasy team last year (dropped him fairly quickly) and he hasn't done a lot this year from what I can recall.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SaintsFaninAustin said:
What should us Saints fans expect from your Packers?

an attacking young defence, and brett favre slingin the pigskin to about 10 different players. 350 yrds passing, 3 TD's and davenport rushing for 100 yrds, 2 sacks from KGB 1 sack from cullen jenkins, int for nick collins.

watch fergie and driver both beat makenzie for TD's.

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
btw...lock827...what's up w/ Stallworth...I had him on my fantasy team last year (dropped him fairly quickly) and he hasn't done a lot this year from what I can recall.

I know I had $50 he'd go over 1000 yards last year. Well if you can pick him up this season do so. We're all predicting a breakout season for Stallworth this year.

Week 1 he had 47 yards, Week 2 he had 141 yards, week 3 he had none (bad game all around) then week 4 he came back with 129 yards. He hasn't had the TD's yet, but 16 of his 20 receptions have been for 1st downs and he's averaging 16 YPC. He's finally healthy and coming into his own.

He's also handling punt returns since Lewis is on IR and had a TD called back for a chincy push in the back a couple of weeks ago.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
SaintsFaninAustin said:
What should us Saints fans expect from your Packers?

an attacking young defence, and brett favre slingin the pigskin to about 10 different players. 350 yrds passing, 3 TD's and davenport rushing for 100 yrds, 2 sacks from KGB 1 sack from cullen jenkins, int for nick collins.

watch fergie and driver both beat makenzie for TD's.

NOW THAT'S A GAME PLAN - YOU READIN' THIS M. SHERMAN?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I will be over the Atlantic by game time flying into Stockholm, if the Pack wins I will have to party, If the Pack loose I have to stop my pain, so either way I will have a party with cold swedish girls and hot european beer,,,, no,no,no,no, I meant Hot Swedish Girls and Cold European Beer !!!

voodoo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A young attacking defense would mean more runs not passes. The d-line is young but has proved that they are one of the best in the league. The way to beat a attacking d-line is with the run not pass. You need to attack the lb's of the saints. very poor in the middle and can not cover at all. If watson plays and farve hits the quick slants and the tes the the saints are in for a shootout.

I still see the saints winning 31-13.

Members online

Latest posts