1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Safety Manuel is struggling

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Wow, Manuel is struggling? After how many games did this guy finally realize that?

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Manuel is struggling???

I thought he has been showing our players how not to play this whole time..... :shock:

But yeah, to say Manuel is struggling is an understatement..... He has been a HUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEE bust.

3. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol schotty is just defending his job

4. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think Schottenheimer is the best judge of talent.

Manuel sucks and that's all there is to it.

5. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I like the way Shotty says that other teams give up long touchdowns too.. Yeah, but NOT EVERY DAMN GAME!

6. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    An Astute observation!!

The author must have watched a Packer game this season.

What about the miscommunication? Manuel according to Schottenheimer is the best communnicator.

I note with concern that little was said about solutions, changes, or progress.

7. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    MM seems to have chosen his words very carefully when talking about Manuel. Even acknowledging him as a very 'knowledgeable player' and 'the best communicator'. Ironic choice of qualities to list when miscommunication is cited as the biggest problem with the secondary. But on the other hand its also the same choice of qualities that TT cited for signing him in the first place.

As I said in another thread, it would seem that Manuel is being judged by other parameters than blown coverage and being out of position.

8. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Is it just me or does he repeat himself alot? If he says it enough, maybe everyone else will start to believe it? Maybe he was still talking during those long plays. Being the "communicator" does not mean the one who talks the most -- Great communicators get the point across concisely and then move on.

What professional player does not look at the fact that he is constantly getting burned until the end of the season? What happened to watching film and making adjustments? Is he 1) so arrogant that he does not believe that the mistakes are his; 2) too stupid to know that he is looking really bad; or 3) just so over his head that he does not know how a professional is supposed to play?

9. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think its 3.

10. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Or pretty much any deep pass thrown his way

11. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "The Seahawks were interested in bringing Manuel back, but couldn't guarantee him a starting spot, and they had other priorities when free agency began."

Hawks Notebook

Did everyone know that? Given that his exit in the superbowl really hurt Seattle, not only would you think they'd want him back but would have him starting as well. But obviously we're not the only ones who have issues with him.

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    The title of this thread is an understatement lol. But I think Shottenheimer deserves some blame too. The thing I'm most dissappoited in is MM cant fix the problem. He acts like he gets tired of anwering questions about blown coverage every week. Well, were tired of seeing recievers so wide open they can stand in one spot for 10 seconds, waving their arms before they catch it. Fix the problem already.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    well MM "IS" an offensive minded coach. Yes, he "IS" a HEAD COACH now, but he is a rookie, and he is leaning heavily on his defensive coaches, and mostly its not bad, except the secondary coaches of death.

14. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    True. The frustrating thing is, that the rest of the D has been pretty good. Especially the pass rush.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I hear ya, all we can do is hope they improve or get fired(shotty and washington, that is)