Safeties

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Some say Antone Exum who is a freak athlete that played corner could possible move to free safety in the NFL. That's assuming his knee is okay.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Not sure Clark has a lot left in the tank.
Decidedly not, especially considering the concussions and sickle cell. Still worth the look as our secondary communication has probably been the worst in the league the past few years, and vet mentorship can be a thing. He has experience in our system too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Decidedly not, especially considering the concussions and sickle cell. Still worth the look as our secondary communication has probably been the worst in the league the past few years, and vet mentorship can be a thing. He has experience in our system too.

Yeah, the miscommunications in our secondary are driving me crazy and a veteran would be able to help in that regard for sure.

D

Deleted member 6794

Earl Thomas signed a four year extension with the Seahawks, paying him $40 million in base money, $27.725 million guaranteed.

I´m sorry that isn´t actually Packers news, but we talked about him quite a bit over the last few hours.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Earl Thomas signed a four year extension with the Seahawks, paying him $40 million in base money, $27.725 million guaranteed.

I´m sorry that isn´t actually Packers news, but we talked about him quite a bit over the last few hours.

They had to extend him. Big mouth is next. They will be at almost 25mill per year between Sherman and Thomas plus they gotta sign Wilson soon.

D

Deleted member 6794

They had to extend him. Big mouth is next. They will be at almost 25mill per year between Sherman and Thomas plus they gotta sign Wilson soon.

Contrary to common belief they have enough cap space to make it all work.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So do you guys think it is possible to get both Mosley and Brooks? And do you think Brooks could be the answer at free safety? And you both don't like Ellington so who do you like instead of him in 3rd? Ellington is someone I could see helping immediately in return game.

D

Deleted member 6794

So do you guys think it is possible to get both Mosley and Brooks? And do you think Brooks could be the answer at free safety? And you both don't like Ellington so who do you like instead of him in 3rd? Ellington is someone I could see helping immediately in return game.

I don´t think Mosley will drop to #21, depending on their first round pick the Packers should consider Brooks with their second round pick. I´m not sure any of the WRs I want them to pick will be there in the third round though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don´t think Mosley will drop to #21, depending on their first round pick the Packers should consider Brooks with their second round pick. I´m not sure any of the WRs I want them to pick will be there in the third round though.

Let me guess. Jordan Matthews or Donte Moncrief?

D

Deleted member 6794

For a while anyway. Priorities on that team go Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Lynch. Their LB corp, and possibly Chancellor will all walk.

Chancellor is signed through 2017. Without the contract Thomas just signed they were $50 million under the cap for 2015.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Unlikely, but possible. It'd be ideal though.

Yes.

To quote Riz, "Janis." If I wanted a KR, I'd grab Archer or McKinnon. No way of telling what WR might go in the 3rd

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think both of them will be gone at #53. I think Cody Latimer, Martarvis Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin could still be on the board for our second round pick.
Not fond of Benjamin, but at pick 53 you almost can't pass on him. Latimer is one of my guys. 4th is the best value slots for WR though.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the other day on NFL network that Cody Lattimer wasn't asked to run routes at Indiana, but
rather just straight line runs. Anyone else hear or read this? If yes, I would definitely pass on him
the first two rounds. He sounds similar to Stephen Hill of the Jets who is a tall, fast receiver, but
has yet to make a consistent impact in the NFL.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I heard the other day on NFL network that Cody Lattimer wasn't asked to run routes at Indiana, but
rather just straight line runs. Anyone else hear or read this? If yes, I would definitely pass on him
the first two rounds. He sounds similar to Stephen Hill of the Jets who is a tall, fast receiver, but
has yet to make a consistent impact in the NFL.
Haven't heard any of that, but do know that Terrence Williams was basically told the same thing at Baylor. He's possibly the best WR in Dallas now. Also know that Latimer won a state basketball championship in HS in Ohio, and 3 HS state football championships in Arizona as an ironman.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a closer look at the play and you´ll realize why I don´t want Burnett to line up at FS. The Packers are in a Cover-2 scheme there with Burnett and Jennings responsible to each cover half of the field. But Burnett is late diagnosing the pass intended for Davis and is a split second late to defend the pass.

Perfect example why I don´t want him to play FS.
So which one is the strong and which one the free if both have half the field there left & right?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So which one is the strong and which one the free if both have half the field there left & right?
2 deep it doesn't matter, and often Burnett opted to act as if Jennings didn't exist and tried to cover the entire field. The kicker is that while this pissed me off to no end when he got exposed, it did save our bacon once or twice. Without a good FS though, we can't play single high. If you can't play single high, your SS will never sniff the LOS, and you'll be stuck in 2 deep all game. Good luck seeing him hit somebody from 30 yards back.

BTW, 2011 Burnett plays FS and we have a historically bad passing defense, 2012 he plays SS and leads the team (over Hawk) and all Safeties in tackles, 2014 he cuts off his dreads and plays neither. In short, can we please draft a FS to free up whatever SS we decide to play so we can actually play defense?

Members online

Latest posts