Safeties

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Dix,Pryor and Ward will be gone by the time GB is up.
I think GB needs to draft 2 safeties and if we can get 2 of the next 4 we should be ok.

D

Deleted member 6794

We need a free safety with great coverage skills playing centerfield as a single high safety. With the pass rush hopefully improved by bringing in Peppers a guy like that would improve the run defense as well by being able to line up another guy in the box.

IMO Clinton-Dix is the closest safety capable of fulfilling these requirements.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a free safety with great coverage skills playing centerfield as a single high safety. With the pass rush hopefully improved by bringing in Peppers a guy like that would improve the run defense as well by being able to line up another guy in the box.

IMO Clinton-Dix is the closest safety capable of fulfilling these requirements.

Who do you think would be the best option available after Clinton Dix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrence Brooks, but I don´t see him having a similar impact as Clinton-Dix.

I think Dexter Moody is an interesting prospect as an UDFA. Great size, worth giving a chance to with what we have at safety.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Dexter Moody is an interesting prospect as an UDFA. Great size, worth giving a chance to with what we have at safety.

If the Packers want to take a gamble on a late round safety I´d like them to select Marqueston Huff.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers want to take a gamble on a late round safety I´d like them to select Marqueston Huff.

Yeah, I've read some stuff on him. I just like moody, because 1, he won't cost us a draft pick and 2, would probably turn into a more viable option than banjo. We need size back there IMO

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read some stuff on him. I just like moody, because 1, he won't cost us a draft pick and 2, would probably turn into a more viable option than banjo. We need size back there IMO

As a back up of course

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be in favour of bringing Moody in as an UDFA as well and let him compete at the rookie orientation camp.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Y'all late to the Moody train, like a few months late. Played CF in baseball for Albany. Woudn mind dropping a 7 on him.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Johnathan Dowling FS Western kentucy?

ANOTHER player in our secondary that has bad tackling fundamentals? He is a ballhawk, I'll give him that. All those interceptions in his senior season, that's impressive. But he needs more bulk for the pros and he also had some behavioral issues which is why he didn't last at Florida. If he can't last at a major school because he doesn't get along with those coaches, I'm scared he won't last a day with nfl coaches.

D

Deleted member 6794

What about Johnathan Dowling FS Western kentucy?

Dowling had multiple run-ins with coaches, which led to his dismissal from Florida. It seems like he freelances a lot, has an undisciplined style and is tough to coach.

Don't think he's a guy tbe Packers are interested in.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dowling had multiple run-ins with coaches, which led to his dismissal from Florida. It seems like he freelances a lot, has an undisciplined style and is tough to coach.

Don't think he's a guy tbe Packers are interested in.

Sounds like what I said in shorter terms

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The one thing I will say I think is a TT error is not drafting a true safety last year and marrying Burnett. Then counting on McMillan and Jennings to secure the other spot. It has been a total disaster and now this is a big problem. Hyde will help moving over but I do agree with captain that we need an up top safety that can dominate. I just don't know if there is any guarantee in this draft of who that guy is. Nobody really jumps out at you. Even Dix has some doubters. This might be an area where you plug in with someone and roll the dice. How much worse can it get back there then last year? I will be upset if they try to fix the problem getting a guy like Tre Boston.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The one thing I will say I think is a TT error is not drafting a true safety last year and marrying Burnett. Then counting on McMillan and Jennings to secure the other spot. It has been a total disaster and now this is a big problem. Hyde will help moving over but I do agree with captain that we need an up top safety that can dominate. I just don't know if there is any guarantee in this draft of who that guy is. Nobody really jumps out at you. Even Dix has some doubters. This might be an area where you plug in with someone and roll the dice. How much worse can it get back there then last year?

I agree that even drafting Clinton-Dix wouldn't guarantee to solve our problems at FS. That's why I would have loved if Thompson spent the money he used to sign Peppers on Byrd.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing I will say I think is a TT error is not drafting a true safety last year and marrying Burnett. Then counting on McMillan and Jennings to secure the other spot. It has been a total disaster and now this is a big problem. Hyde will help moving over but I do agree with captain that we need an up top safety that can dominate. I just don't know if there is any guarantee in this draft of who that guy is. Nobody really jumps out at you. Even Dix has some doubters. This might be an area where you plug in with someone and roll the dice. How much worse can it get back there then last year? I will be upset if they try to fix the problem getting a guy like Tre Boston.

Who said anything about Tre Boston?

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that even drafting Clinton-Dix wouldn't guarantee to solve our problems at FS. That's why I would have loved if Thompson spent the money he used to sign Peppers on Byrd.

So we could be broke and in a Denver cap situation? I'm not saying signing Byrd would have done that to us, but if we sign him, and it starts a pattern because there's an improvement, I don't want to be signing big name FAs every year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts