Safest pick at #9???

flyguy4ever4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Pettigrew TE would be ideal fit for a McCarthy offense. The kid will play in the league for next decade as a complete blocking/possession TE. At worst he will be a good player for long time. Fills need, he immediately become best most physical blocking TE on team. Flipside is do you spend a top 10 pick on a TE that runs 4.8???

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To spend that high on a TE, you want a guy that'll be a mismatch nightmare for defenses. He won't be. But I agree, he will be a terrific TE, because he can block better than a lot of guys (like Winslow). 1st round talent, but in my opinion not a top-15.

OP
OP
F

flyguy4ever4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree PackerRS about the mismatch thing. But doesn't Pettigrew as a player/package make sense if you look at it from a TT point of view. You know how TT leans towards playing it safe, this kid will end up being hard to call a bust because he will start and perform at the worst as a decent player. And it does fill a position of need. I wouldn't jump off a cliff if he took Pettigrew, not a flashy sizzler of a selection but the kid could hold down GB TE job for next decade and maybe make one or two pro bowls down the road.

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why be safe if he doesn't really help our team that much? He is a TE. Unless you can get a young Gates, Gonzo, healthy Winslow you don't draft a TE early. We already have a solid TE in Lee and a decent project TE.... We need to take the BA LB/OT/Raji or trade down. I'd prefer the second

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pacman5252 said:
Why be safe if he doesn't really help our team that much? He is a TE. Unless you can get a young Gates, Gonzo, healthy Winslow you don't draft a TE early. We already have a solid TE in Lee and a decent project TE.... We need to take the BA LB/OT/Raji or trade down. I'd prefer the second
Agreed. We need TE. But we have much more glaring needs, specially at defense an O-Line, and with that high of a pick, It wouldn't be smart. And the safest pick would actually be Jenkins, no matter what his 40-time is, he is a beast, but CB is as much of a need as TE, we could go another 1-2 years with our current guys at that position and be champions, but without a DE, DT, OLB and O-Line improvement, we can't.

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive Tackle Eugene Monroe OR Defensive End/Tackle B.J. Raji IMO are the safest picks at #9. Of the two, Raji. I just hope he's still there for TT at #9.

GO PACK GO!

OP
OP
F

flyguy4ever4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spartacheese520 said:
Offensive Tackle Eugene Monroe OR Defensive End/Tackle B.J. Raji IMO are the safest picks at #9. Of the two, Raji. I just hope he's still there for TT at #9.

GO PACK GO!

I've got a strong feeling that Monroe is going to be a top 5 pick, pretty good shot that Raji is on the board though. Does TT really go straight up big DT with his 1st pick following the still up in the air pick of Justin Harrell??? I'm not a huge Raji guy but I would agree that he is a safe pick as a solid run stuffer, especially in this strange draft class.

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a great TE but I dont think we need that right now as much as we do other spots

Members online

Latest posts