1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sad Day

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by NDPackerFan, Aug 25, 2006.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Asking for all my friends on PF.com for their prayers:

The National Weather Service is now saying that a tornado ripped through my town today around 2:30 pm. Originally, they said it was straight-line winds but now it's officially a tornado. Many people have lost a good part of homes, trees, etc. I'm a principal of a high school in a nearby town about 15 miles away so I was at work when it happened.

My fence has been blown to bits and my yard that was covered with huge, beautiful trees is now bare with stumps. Our siding had some damage as well and so did our deck. The good thing is my family is safe (including both of my dogs) so I guess we'll manage.

Any thoughts and prayers would go a long way....

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    First and foremost I'm glad to hear your family is safe. Sorry to hear about the damage ND, and I'll remember you in my prayers. Lord Willing your house will be rebuilt bigger and better! All the best to you, hope all of us here at pf.com can help to take your mind off this unfortunate event.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Certainly glad you and your family are safe. Everyone there is out thoughts and prayers.

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Ryan. It's just a house and it can be fixed. I know I was humbled a lot tonight when people who were luckier than I would stop by to lend a helping hand.

Our community really came together today helping everyone out. I know I spent about 7 hours on a ladder with a chainsaw helping people with their trees. I'm tired and I'm calling it a night.

Anyway, thanks again.

6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    that is horrible to hear ND...hope everything gets back to normal as quick as possible.

7. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    just thank god (Allah) for keeping your family safe. things could have been alot worse.

glad to hear your faimly is safe

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oh my goodness, ND - i am so sorry to hear about your situation. adding you, your family, & neighbors to my prayer list right away. hang in there, buddy.

9. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You and yours are in my familys prayers.

Good luck and take care.

10. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    your a principal ND?

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow......i'm glad to hear your home is still standing, and your family (pups included!) are ok.
    You will be in my prayers!

12. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Tornados suck. I'm sure this isn't a revelation to anyone but they scare the crap outta me. I don't know how you guys living in "tornado alley" do it.

Good luck ND in the rebuilding and our prayers are with you. Thank God nobody got hurt!

13. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Our prayers are with you and I hope everything turns out well for you, your family and town. Not much you can do when they decide to hit.

We're pretty much surrounded by fires here, but at least we can see what's happening. Good luck to you.

14. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I've been a High School Principal for the last 7 years.

Thank you to everyone who has responded to this post. It's meant a great deal to me. The rebuilding has already started and it's given me a new perspective on things. Materialistic things don't mean near as much as they used to because they can be replaced. I'm just glad that everyone is ok.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. They've helped during this time and please know that we'll get through it fine.

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I wanna say something, but I don't know how and I can sometimes be poor with words on sad situations. Kind of why I try to avoid them.

Best thing I can say. Try to find something positive and cling to it and I hope for the best for you and everyone there.

16. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm actually the same way Zero...there were a lot of tears around the town and I don't have that in me to do...not that there's anything wrong with it...it's just not me.

I think I became kind of numb to the damage that it did and the fact that it basically took my fence and trees out of my yard. Some people said that they thought I looked in a 'daze' to it all and that's kind of how I feel even now - the day after.

Thanks for the post Z2C.

17. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im glad your safe!!! Tornado warnings are scary, I have seen a few and also water spouts over Lake Michigan. My prayers go out to the people who lost their homes or their lives. Homes are always replaceable but live are not...lets face it though, people are devastated when they loose their homes in tragedy, they have worked so hard and in a matter of seconds it can be all gone from them..

18. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    great posts from everyone! ND, i'd say you're in shock at this point - feeling like you're in a daze is quite normal. there was a horrible tornado that hit a small town a few miles from me 2 years ago. 8 people were killed when they were told to evacuate a small trailer park & went to a large "safe" downtown building. it collapsed around them. the town is recovering but still not rebuilt.

hang in there, it'll take awhile but once those trees start growing again & your house gets fixed, things will start to feel more normal again.

19. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    sorry to hear about what happenend but at least your family is safe and your pets,hope things get better for you