1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sad day at Montana's house

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Feb 1, 2008.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday afternoon when I got home from school I found our beloved Siberian Husky, "Shredder" had passed away in our backyard. It looks like he was doing his favorite wintertime activity....sledding down our hill on his back, as there was a slide mark in the fresh snow, and there he was at the bottom.

He gave us 15 years of unconditional love and affection, pranks and playing stupid and he will be missed.

So in a fitting fashion....seeing as Evel Knievel can be paraded around Butte at his going away tribute....Shredder is in the back of my truck and we are going to parade around Missoula on the way to the Vet's office where his ashes will be put in an urn with the simple inscription:

"Shredder....one big pain in the *** that was loved by all."

2. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Sorry to hear that Bob. I had a Great Dane for 7 yrs. that I had to put down in 1993 and I still think about Big Thor......He like Shredder was loved by everyone...........15 years is a long time & I'm glad you enjoyed and loved him the way you did.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh Bob......I'm SO sorry to hear this. Every dog i have owned has been a part of the family to me, so if Shredder is even close to what my "babies" have been to me, it's very sad day indeed. :cry:

I do have to ask permission to use your line for myself when i go........
    "Cheesey......one big pain in the *** that was loved by.....well......some".

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Very sorry to hear that Bob. It sounds like you really loved him. I'm glad you were blessed with such a good companion. I'm sure he was as lucky to have you as you all were to have him.

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go for it Cheesey.......copyright is worth megabucks.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So sorry to hear, a Siberian husky is such a lovely dog. So sad.

7. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Bob... sorry to hear about your loss.. dogs have a special place in the life of a family.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Like i have said.....i love my pups. Thats why when one dies, i keep telling my wife i don't want another one. Cause it hurts too much when they die.
    But she keeps getting them.
    I still can't talk about the ones i have lost, or i end up crying.
    (I know......i'm a wuss)
    Bob....one thing i'm SURE of. Your pup had a loving home that took great care of him.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing I learned in life is you gotta have a dog. Everyone's got good days and bad days, and dogs just know, and for some magical reason, they know exactly how to comfort you.

Sorry about your loss.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You are so right Zombie.......that doesn't make it easier when they die though. I'm too much of a softy.
    If i was at Bobs place when that happened i'd have been no help to Bob. I would have been crying too much FOR him.

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone for the nice words. It's hard, but as both my wife and I said, "we're glad we didn't have to make that dreaded journey to the vets to have him put down." That I could not do.

On another note.....Mother Nature has unloaded her snow tank on the Pacifice Northwest and Northern Rockies. Lolo Pass near us has 12 feet with another 3-4 feet expected by Tuesday. Ya gotta love snow or be nuts to live here.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I had to make that trip with my dog "Norman", and you are right, it's better if they go like your pup did. Sounds like he was doing what he loved!
    Only animal lovers understand how hard losing your pet can be.
    My heart goes out to you and your family too. Please tell "Mrs. Bob" how sorry we are for your family's loss.
    Mrs. Cheesey will be VERY saddened to hear of this.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    so sorry to hear this!

I know what its like to lose a dog, and what its like to have it put down...

Maybe shredder can help you now..Maybe he will spook all those critters that are giving you fits all the time :)

14. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear that Bob. At least he was doing something he enjoyed.

Did he really go up the hill and down on his own? Video of that'd getcha on AFN you know...

15. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dogs make you happy during sad times. I'm sure he lived a long and happy life!

16. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bob,
    We are a dog family, we are allowed to live in our dogs house.
    She is the queen.
    In fact she is sitting here right now telling me she wants some attention.
    They are so much a part of the family.
    Sorry for your loss.

17. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear about your loss Bob. I made the trip to vet a few years back when my little girl was sick.
    It was rel hard on the kids as we is the one that they grew up with and "told" all their problems to.
    My daughter shocked me when she came home from college just to spend an hour with her at the vet's before they put her down.

I think it was those d@mn killer squirrels that got her.

[​IMG]

18. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. It's great that she got to go while doing what she loved!

19. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Sorry to hear that Montana but that pic is so funny LOL

20. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PackinSteel...yes, he loved the snow and could sense when it was snowing out. He would go up to the back of the yard and get on his back and start wiggling and slide down on the snow. He would do this time after time until he got bored, then go around on our large deck and "shovel" snow with his nose. Push it into piles, then tear the hell out of the piles with his feet.

I should have gotten a video of that, but at the time I thought he was just goofy and deranged.

21. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    o that almost brought a tear to my eye Very sad story ive always wanted a Siberian Husky atm i got 2 Dogue de Bordeaux (the dog from Turner and hootch)

[​IMG]

22. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear of your loss Bob, all animals become your children all we can do is love them. They are such loyal pals and fun to have around. They give us unconditional love and they never yell back at us like our "real" children do. I have two beautiful little dogs/kids. Our sheltie is going down hill and I am so afraid there will come a day when we will have to put her down, I wont be able to do it she has been such a great pet to me and my family.

Prayers go out to you and your family on this loss.