Ryan Williams (RB, Virginia Tech)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LddTmQNu4ug"]YouTube - Ryan Williams - VT 2009 Highlights HQ[/ame]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Virginia Tech tailback Ryan Williams will enter the 2011 NFL Draft. Williams announced the decision on Sunday after telling the coaches. A redshirt sophomore in 2010, the native of Manassas, Va., had two years of eligibility remaining with the Hokies. “It came down to what I felt like was the best decision for me,” Williams said. “When they say you have the potential to be a first rounder, that’s something that’s hard to pass up. This has been my dream since I was 6 and I’ve never wanted to do anything else. This is an opportunity to help out my family and especially my brother. “I want to thank Coach Beamer for giving me the opportunity to play. I remember when he came for my home visit with a No. 34 jersey and he told me I’d look good in it. I just thank him for the opportunity to play for his team. I also have thank Coach Hite for the opportunity to play in his backfield and for teaching my how to block and Coach Stinespring for allowing me to play for his offense.” Williams played in 23 games for the Hokies, starting 18. After redshirting in 2008, Williams had a record-breaking year as a redshirt freshman. He rushed for 1,655 yards and 21 touchdowns to earn first-team All-ACC accolades and ACC Rookie of the Year honors. He capped off the season with 117 rushing yards in the Chick-fil-A Bowl win over Tennessee to earn the game’s Offensive MVP award. He missed several games this year due to a hamstring injury. - Virginia Tech football

The very elusive Williams measures in at 5-10, 205 with a 4.46e 40 time. He is our #2 junior RB and should go in the first round. His style of play is similar to that of Clinton Portis.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

hokiefan768

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope the packers get williams, especially since grant is coming off of a injury and starks and jackson arent always consistant. Plus Williams is a Monster

Members online

Latest posts