1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Powdrell put on IR.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Aug 28, 2007.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this isnt that big of news really but we needed to cut 1 more or do something else to get down to the 75 player limit by today so now we are at 75.

The Green Bay Packers placed fullback Ryan Powdrell on injured reserve with a knee injury. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement Monday.

Originally signed as a non-drafted free agent from Southern California, Powdrell appeared in two preseason games.

2. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe they may be looking to buy some time to reach an injury settlement with him and then release. I really do not see him being a part of their long term plans..

3. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't really hurt to keep him on IR and let him workout and study tape for a year. He can compete for a fullback spot next training camp.

4. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Crap. We're done now.

5. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    While some may think we're the only team with injuries...KC today put 4 players on IR. Still, I don't like it but it's where Hodge belongs. Maybe next year he can become the LB we all thought he could be.