Ryan Longwell

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an excerpt of an article I found on Packersnews.com:

Longwell, who has been known to call out the holder or long snapper after a missed field goal, has been working with the second-year player to get a comfort level.

"We're trying to take it a step at a time," Longwell said. "He's done pretty well for the most part. We're certainly not where we need to be, but we'll get there."

OK, this guy was a heck of a FG kicker but I won't miss this kind of stuff in the media after he misses a PAT or FG...

I also won't miss him kicking off to about the 15 yard line and having the opponent start with excellent field position every time the Pack would kickoff.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the FG situation will work itself out...besides, I think Favre plans on the Packers getting a lot more TD's than FG's this year. Anybody can knock in those PAT's, right? Oh, wait...Longwell missed one against TB last year and we lost by one. :sad:

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
NDPackerFan said:
I think the FG situation will work itself out.

what does work itself out mean? Cundiff is going to get better?

i think Cundiff is going to cost us at least 2 games this year.

It means that the FG kicking will progress through competition and bringing in someone who will either take the job or push Cundiff into being better. The guy missed 2 FG's in the scrimmage...so what? It didn't cost us anything but make people give up on him already.

How was Longwell's year last year? Oh, yeah..."if the hold would have been tilted just so and the field conditions and"....pfffffft.

To be honest, I'm far more worried about our WR's catching the damn ball and not dropping it like it's a hot potato at this point.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
It means that the FG kicking will progress through competition and bringing in someone who will either take the job or push Cundiff into being better. The guy missed 2 FG's in the scrimmage...so what? It didn't cost us anything but make people give up on him already.

How was Longwell's year last year? Oh, yeah..."if the hold would have been tilted just so and the field conditions and"....pfffffft.

To be honest, I'm far more worried about our WR's catching the damn ball and not dropping it like it's a hot potato at this point.

i wouldn't use a scrimmage to judge Cundiff, i can look at his career and tell you he's going to cost us games...just like he botched a number of games for Dallas last year (granted, he wasn't as healthy as he should've been).

Longwell had an uncharacteristic year, thats the difference between the two.

Cundiff is about as good as it gets when you look at the market right now. competition with other mediocre kickers isn't going to improve our kicking game.

im probably equally worried about the passing game as i am about the kicking game.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think that Todd Peterson should get a look...or Edinger. They're both probably better but it's early still. I just can't wait for everybody to start on the 40 yard line every time Longwell kicks off for the Vikes...their defense isn't all that and a bag of chips so people will be able to put up points against the Vikes with that kind of field position.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want a kicker that's going to get drunk and beat the hell out of an offensive lineman, Janikowski's the guy!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

its 2012. In view of the way Mason Crosby is performing, should we give Ryan a call ??? at least he was consistantly good.

Members online

Latest posts