Ryan Grant out vs. Bills

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read it on ESPN..McCarthy says the injury is significant.
oy vey

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5568171"]Mike McCarthy: Green Bay Packers RB Ryan Grant out for Buffalo Bills game - ESPN[/ame]
idont know why the video is attached..its not related.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Greeeeeeeaaaaaaattttttt. I figured he'd be out 2-4 weeks minimum. B.Jack. Don't let us down!!! However, looks like Kuhn can play at RB behind Quinn if necessary. Hmm, sounds like it could be worse than just a sprain. Ugh......

Man, wish we had cut Harrell now and kept Lumpkin. Oh well. Highsight is always 20/20.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I added Jackson to my fantasy team after the game ;] Just worried about his speed =\

PS: Because you unknowingly added a video? :p

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like kuhn simply because he carried half the philly defense for 10 yards for a first down

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Word, that got me high on him! That and his TD. KUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN. I like yelling that.
It is fun to yell. I figure we may do alright against the Bills. Sure now our offense seems like the only thing we can do is throw the ball since we have so many good receivers, but yesterday Kuhn and Jackson showed that we can at least run the ball semi decently.

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still wonder why we ever bother to run the ball, the passing game is of such high caliber that even when they load up the secondary aaron can still find his man, and if nothings there he can take off himself

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I still wonder why we ever bother to run the ball, the passing game is of such high caliber that even when they load up the secondary aaron can still find his man, and if nothings there he can take off himself

Well, even with a high powered passing attack (when it's not raining), you still need the running game to take time off the clock, keep the pass rush honest, and setup the play action. Also for short yardage, a power running game is GOLD!!!

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, even with a high powered passing attack (when it's not raining), you still need the running game to take time off the clock, keep the pass rush honest, and setup the play action. Also for short yardage, a power running game is GOLD!!!
yea i understand it just seems that except for grants few runs before his injury and kuhns run all we got was short yardage, and going for a run on 2nd and 10 to lead to 3rd and long EVERY FREAKING SERIES just gets frustrating

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Grant is out at least a month with that nasty, ugly injury.
We need him back healthy, not hobbled.

Here is what I could find for RB's on practice squads currently...

Ian Johnson - Arizona
Dimitri Nance - Atlanta
Curtis Steele - Baltimore
Joique Bell - Buffalo
Josh Vaughan - Carolina
Andre Anderson - Cleveland
Lonyae Miller - Dallas
Bruce Hall - Denver
Chris Ogbonnaya - Houston
Javarris James - New England
Brandon Minor - New Orleans
Charles Scott - NY Giants
Chauncey Washington - NY Jets
Martell Mallett - Philadelphia
Chris Henry - Seattle
Herb Donaldson - Tennessee
Ryan Torain - Washington

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
yea i understand it just seems that except for grants few runs before his injury and kuhns run all we got was short yardage, and going for a run on 2nd and 10 to lead to 3rd and long EVERY FREAKING SERIES just gets frustrating

Word, we were in some conservative *** offense at that time. MM was way too conservative, but maybe he was trying to keep Rodgers from being kolbed. heh

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry about this injury. We got the Bills, Bears, and the lions all in consecutive weeks. Get grant healed up by then and we are good.
You mean the Bears team that we BARELY beat last year in Lambeau, despite Urlacher breaking his arm, and despite having a 4-0 turnover edge on?

You mean the Bears, who beat us twice in our 13-3, 2007 season?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you have any intrest in Willie Parker? I know he is kinda washed up and not what he was in PIT but he could eat up some snaps for us and I think be pretty productive.. Just a thought..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean the Bears team that we BARELY beat last year in Lambeau, despite Urlacher breaking his arm, and despite having a 4-0 turnover edge on?

Bears are TERRIBLE. They are TERRIBLE, believe me.

Their OL is, BY FAR, the worst in football. Their D is very overrated. Their receivers don't know routes, their QB has a penchant for making stupid-*** decisions. Taylor is good, Forte is overrated. Both can't run with that DL.

They will play their lives against us, don't doubt it. But we're a MUCH MUCH better team, even without Grant.

They should've lost to the AWFUL Lions. That's all you need to know.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and the Packers won't bring in anyone. For starters, we don't rotate our RBs. Jackson will carry it 80% of the time. The other 20%, will be LArry Cso.. I mean John Kuhn.

Kuhn won't play much FB. Johnson will be active, together with Hall.

Reaction score

The that we "barley" beat the bears in lambeau was week one. Every team is tough on week one.

Their offense is pathetic. They should not score a point against us. Their O line is worse then the eagles. Plus they have a Qb that throws the ball up for grabs. Their only strong point is their run game which is decent and is our strong point. :blind:

The 2 games we lost when went 13-3 that year were terrible. One game was like 30 below and it was a crazy game. The other one we should of had won. we should of had a 21-0 lead in the first quarter. James Jones had like 3 fumbles on long drives. We gave them that game. One game they actually won. You failed to mention the game last year when we went in to soldier field and gave them a but whooping.

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should be going into week 5 4-0 without breaking a sweat now. especially with stafford hurt

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong on this;
From what I saw, it seems that Grant didn't do to well and the other backs did better.
So I think we should be just fine without him.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong on this;
From what I saw, it seems that Grant didn't do to well and the other backs did better.
So I think we should be just fine without him.

From what It seemed to me grant started off slow, but was getting more and more yards as the game went on. IMO none of our backs have the burst through the whole like grant have. Losing grant is big.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greeeeeeeaaaaaaattttttt. I figured he'd be out 2-4 weeks minimum. B.Jack. Don't let us down!!! However, looks like Kuhn can play at RB behind Quinn if necessary. Hmm, sounds like it could be worse than just a sprain. Ugh......

Man, wish we had cut Harrell now and kept Lumpkin. Oh well. Highsight is always 20/20.

I would love to see Kuhn get 10-15 carries next week, not the fastest guy but he bulldozed the Philly D and with Puz out next week for the Bills that middle will be suspect. I think he can carry the load pretty well if he is given the chance. I think he played RB at Shippensburg too so it's not like this is foreign territory. Who knows, maybe the combo of Kuhn and JAX will be better than we think.

Members online

Latest posts