1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Ryan Clark: NFL 'Ruined' by Crackdown on Helmet-to-Helmet Hits

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Kitten, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Ryan Clark: NFL 'Ruined' by Crackdown on Helmet-to-Helmet Hits

By Chris Burke NFL Editor | Follow on Twitter: @nflfanhouse

2. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    "Collins was hit with a 15-yard penalty in Green Bay's Sunday night win over Dallas when he LAUNCHED himself into a helmet-to-helmet hit on Cowboys receiver Roy Williams, who had to be helped off the field after lying face down for a moment."

You've got to be kidding me. James Harrison launches. Brandon Meriweather launched into Heap's helmet. Collins dropped his shoulder, lowered his head, and tried to lay the BOOM! Unfortunately, Williams head fell back into Collins, and an ugly helmet-to-helmet resulted.

These helmet to helmet fines and suspension talks are getting out of hand. They're not ruining the league, like greedy players and owners, or an 18 game schedule, or the massive number of injuries/small roster sizes. But damn...it's definitely getting there.

3. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I disagree, Coleman dropped his shoulder when he went after Austin Collie. To me that's an illegal blow to the head no matter how you describe it. I don't think it was dirty, or intentional though. So I wouldn't fine the guy for it. That's me though.