1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Braun inks 7 year deal..

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, May 15, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Excellent news for Brewer fans..

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/default.aspx

Braun deal is worth $45 million
    By Tom Haudricourt
    Thursday, May 15 2008, 10:01 AM
    As I speculated in early blogs, the Brewers' deal with Ryan Braun is worth $45 million.

The Brewers are calling it an eight-year deal, including 2008. It's actually a seven-year extension because he was signed for this year for $455,000. We'll see if he got that money reworked as well.

GM Doug Melvin just told us that there is no progress in talks with first baseman Prince Fielder, or any other player.

"We don't have anything ongoing at this time," said Melvin.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    45 mill........i could live on that........for about the next 400 years or so.
    Good for Brewers fans like me though.

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I saw that this morning. They came out with a prior 'big announcement' statement. That's pretty big if you ask me.

4. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good move, he really looks to be the real deal, and an emerging leader on that team....I wish I could say the same for much of the other young "talent".