Running Game

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nance had an expanded role today, pretty much 50/50 between BJax and Nance. It was good to see a running back carry some defenders with him!

:viksux:

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like they are using Nance in lieu of Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn. It doesn't really bother me because Kuhn does better in the fullback role

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Starks at some point also. The suspense is killing me. Had they know this game would be such a blow-out, Starks may have been activated and seen some action.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nance hits the hole REALLY hard. Liked what I saw from him.

I saw that too in the limited highlights, it appears he has a nice little blend of size, power, and speed. Could be exciting. Alot of people are being free agent and PS haters, and I am not saying this is the case but there is alot of proof out there with written off players making an impact to their team one way or another... Two word example: Arian Foster!

Wouldn't we wish but I really like the running game by committee supplementing the passing game. I think it is starting to open things up big time as each week passes. Each guy brings his own special blend to the table and although no one will likely get a consistent 75 YPG, there is no reason they don't get 100-120 yards all around, which is a heck of a lot better than what this season originally looked like. If the running game can really get moving and open up the PA even more and even some screens, the Packers are on their way to being one of the most complete teams. Especially when compared to someone like New England with a RB by committee also and everyone considers the Pats the best team in the league. All I can say is this season is getting very exciting. Atlanta will be a great test for this team and I can't wait to see Woodson or Williams go toe to toe with Roddy White.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, the Atlanta game should be a battle. I also think that Green Bay has committed more to the running game in the last few weeks than they had before. I know Green Bay will probably not have a 250 yard rushing game but I think that by sticking with the run like they have it has forced teams to stay honest. Rodgers has the accuracy to make great throws, but that extra half step of separation gained from play action when defenses honor the running game made a huge difference against Minnesota today.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anybody notice how fat Quinn Johnson looked? I thought that gut was an o-lineman until he turned and I saw that 45 was his number.

Reaction score
Nance looked pretty good. Doesn't mean we should immediately go 50-50 with him and jackson but he should get more carries until he can prove he can run the ball like that on a weekly basis.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk if itS just me but b.jax is looking better and better every game. He never goes down on the first hit and he has awsome balance. I think it needs to be more 75 to 25 percent favor of bjax.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson seems to be veeeery shifty. he doesnt hit holes very hard, but he can cut, then cut in the same direction again and get outside. several times today I thought a tackle would get made and BJAX would double cut for another 3-6 yds.

Not an everydown back, none of ours are, including grant, but I dont hate BJAX as much as week 2

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk if itS just me but b.jax is looking better and better every game. He never goes down on the first hit and he has awsome balance. I think it needs to be more 75 to 25 percent favor of bjax.
Me also.

He seems to be more decisive each and every game. Seems like he's alwasy making something out of nothing.

And he turns the corner beautifully. Loves when he goes to the sidelines, he always gets extra yardage.

Guess we learned. As long as we don't rely on him, as long as Rodgers is playing well, Jackson can be very effective.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Jackson is improving, and I am glad that we finally saw Nance, who had a few break aways, nothing to brag about. I am looking forward to seeing Starks playing, but our running game has improved vastly since week 2.

OsiRis6661

Cheesehead
Reaction score
definatly liked what i saw with nance never gave up on a play and was always keeping his legs moving, great effort.

Members online

Latest posts