Running Game

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one thing i have noticed during these first three games is that the running game is abandoned quickly. the pack has not been that far behing in any game, this puts more pressure on brett, he knows that the game is now purely in his hands when the running game is abandoned. i know we have two new guards, but how can they get better if they are not getting any confidence from their coaches, i think they have gotten better at pass protection these first games because that is all they are doing. we still have tauscher and clifton at tackle, why not run more to the outside, bubba can block (when he comes back) and driver is a decent blocker for a reciever. by not running the ball the whole offense is losing confidence in the system, do what we have been doing the past 3 years. wahle and rivera had to be developed also, i believe they were lower round draft picks like whittaker. our quarterback is still named BRETT FAVRE. but when a defense can just sit back in a zone and read everything mistakes will happen. this offense was one of the top in the league last year for a reason, sherman needs to take control of offensive plays like when rossley was gone last year, the defense IS better, believe it or not. this team is underachieving, i think we all agree that, lets run the ball, open the game up and show everyone that the pack is not done in 2005. thoughts?

IU_packfan

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree man. Ahman still hasnt touched the ball 20 times in 1 game yet. Thats ridiculous.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think the running will start to pick up. The linemen have had all pre season plus over a 1/4 of the regular season to start to gel.This should start to show in our running game pretty soon. Klemm was thought to be a decent veteran so he should be picking up the nuances. Whittacker being a rookie and beating out a vet should be improving noticeably every game. Getting Bubba back should help. So in my view it should start happening pretty soon if it is going to happen at all. It didn't take long for Tampa to put it together. Maybe it's the coaches(couldn't resist).

Members online

Latest posts