Rumors...........

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from Joe Arrigo, packerchatters

The Packers and Chargers have talked about a deal that would send the Chargers a pick (a 3rd or 4th) for QB Charlie Whitehurst.

The Packers had a discussion with Tampa about Chris Simms.

The Packers are indeed a team that is in play for Lito Sheppard. It was reported that the Eagles want a 1st from any team, but I heard a 2nd and a 5th was more likely to get a deal done. I also heard the Packers were offering one of their 2nd rounder (their own pick) straight up for him.

The is another team that has a QB that has talked to the Packers about a deal. The QB does have starting experience in the NFL and is still "young".

The Packers never had any interest in Pac Man Jones, but they did do their due diligence.

I heard a WR with KR ability is a target in the 4th or 5th round.

I was told the Packers could be looking to move up into the mid 1st round for the player they want (I heard Cason, Phillips, McKelvin, Brohm, Stewart or Baker).

Also if Chad Henne is there in round 2, it wouldn't surprise NFL personnel people people to see the Packers grab him.

All I can say is I hope the Lito rumors are true and the Packers can get him for their 2nd and a little more. Id do it in a second.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lito is an okay Corner, but he has an injury history. Why give up a 2nd for the guy when we can draft two top notch corners with the picks we already have. It doesn't make sense. Now the Chris Simms move, that might actually make sense. He's on the way out in Tampa, and will be looking for a chance to prove himself. He'd have time to learn the system and if something happened to A-rod, God forbid, he's got the veteran leadership to manage a few games for us.

Hrms, We don't have a 6th Rounder, but with all the picks we have would anyone object to a 5th Rounder this year for him? I think a 7th is really too low to make the trade happen. And tampa is low on picks this year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from packerchatters

The Packers and Chargers have talked about a deal that would send the Chargers a pick (a 3rd or 4th) for QB Charlie Whitehurst.

The Packers had a discussion with Tampa about Chris Simms.

The Packers are indeed a team that is in play for Lito Sheppard. It was reported that the Eagles want a 1st from any team, but I heard a 2nd and a 5th was more likely to get a deal done. I also heard the Packers were offering one of their 2nd rounder (their own pick) straight up for him.

The is another team that has a QB that has talked to the Packers about a deal. The QB does have starting experience in the NFL and is still "young".

The Packers never had any interest in Pac Man Jones, but they did do their due diligence.

I heard a WR with KR ability is a target in the 4th or 5th round.

I was told the Packers could be looking to move up into the mid 1st round for the player they want (I heard Cason, Phillips, McKelvin, Brohm, Stewart or Baker).

Also if Chad Henne is there in round 2, it wouldn't surprise NFL personnel people people to see the Packers grab him.

All I can say is I hope the Lito rumors are true and the Packers can get him for their 2nd and a little more. Id do it in a second.
Charlie Whitehurst.
I haven't seen him play........but i hope he's better then his Dad was here.

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These were posted by Joe Arrigo over at Packerchatters.com. He doesn't mind if you take them and spread them, but please give him credit when you do.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe anything coming out of PackerChatters.com, Joe Arrigo got some wild imagination and he tricks packerfans to believe him..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take ALL rumors with a grain of salt.
I read them, and treat it like it's something i read at the grocery store checkout. I get a chuckle, and wonder where these people get these rumors from. Do they sit up all night thinking "What should i make up now?"

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chris Simms rumor I can believe. HE's not happy in Tampa, and Tampa is likely not that happy with him. He has 1 year left, so trading him and getting a pick is in Tampa's interest (they have nothing after the 5th Round I don't think) garcia was okay, but he's not a great QB at all.

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JA just throws mud at the wall and hopes it sticks. But some people like his "rumors". I think they are more humorous than true.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh God, not Chris "The Whimperer" Simms.

I don't understand the Lito Shepherd move either. And I don't buy the rumor.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we get Chad Henne, he will be a star player in the league with in the next three years.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh God, not Chris "The Whimperer" Simms.

I don't understand the Lito Shepherd move either. And I don't buy the rumor.

really? the whimperer? really? thats what your going with?

you mean the guy who played 2 quarters of a rivalry game with broken ribs and ruptured spleen.

you mean the guy who almost died from a football hit. and thats true. homeboy was close to dying. you mean your calling him a whimperer? he almost died and wouldnt leave the field....

whatever you say man.

a guy that plays that hurt can play for me any day. I would love to have Chris Simms as a back up.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would take simms as a backup also. hes showed his toughness to me too. as for Shepherd if we could somehow get him it sure would be something !!! if he can stay healthy

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lito is an okay Corner, but he has an injury history. Why give up a 2nd for the guy when we can draft two top notch corners with the picks we already have. It doesn't make sense.

Ummm maybe because Lito is a proven CB. You dont draft top notch corners any where in the draft.... you draft a Cornerback they have done nothing to prove their not the next big bust. Sitting at 30 the one CB I really want in Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie will be gone. Speaking of guys with injury history how about Charles Woodson? In his last 4 years with Oakland he was hurt all the time. Here in Green Bay he has been fairly durable a little banged up always but he plays which is good. Injurys are more or less bad luck.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason to go after Lito Sheppard. Our starters, while aging, are good for several more years, and this draft is particularly deep with QUALITY CBs. Plus, I have high expectations for Tramon Williams.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
Lito is an okay Corner, but he has an injury history. Why give up a 2nd for the guy when we can draft two top notch corners with the picks we already have. It doesn't make sense.

Ummm maybe because Lito is a proven CB. You dont draft top notch corners any where in the draft.... you draft a Cornerback they have done nothing to prove their not the next big bust. Sitting at 30 the one CB I really want in Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie will be gone. Speaking of guys with injury history how about Charles Woodson? In his last 4 years with Oakland he was hurt all the time. Here in Green Bay he has been fairly durable a little banged up always but he plays which is good. Injurys are more or less bad luck.

A proven corner with an Injury history. If Lito was that great of a Corner would Phily be shopping him? IN case you haven't followed the draft there are a number of quality corners this year. Its a good year to get one. I'm not saying we have to use 30 on it, but Lito is not worth two picks. he may not be even worth a second. Right Woodson has done good hear, but doubling the bet by getting another injury played Corner? No way. We don't need Lito that badly. And he has a nice contract we'd have to pay.

I'm not convinced that Shepherd is worth it, the Eagles Signed Asante Samuels, and now they are shopping the guy that on their depth chart last year was their best corner? Sorry I'm not buying it. Phily knows something they aren't sharing. Steer Clear of this one.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason to go after Lito Sheppard. Our starters, while aging, are good for several more years, and this draft is particularly deep with QUALITY CBs. Plus, I have high expectations for Tramon Williams.

It was partly due to coachs not adjusting an helping him but I will forever be horrified by Plaxio ripping Al a new one.... In a game that could have sent us to the superbowl. Al will be turning 34 this year his time is running out alot faster then you think and for all we know he could have a big drop in his performance do to age, I hope not as I like Al and Charles alot but we have to realize we cant expect him to be a great CB for ever. I would also say Woodson outplayed Harris last year even though he gets #2 WR's.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im happy either way with Lito or not... I would just like to point out the fact that he gets to play againist T.O. , Plaxico and Santana Moss twice a year a piece thats far better then any of the WR's Harris and Woodson have to cover within the division.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im happy either way with Lito or not... I would just like to point out the fact that he gets to play againist T.O. , Plaxico and Santana Moss twice a year a piece thats far better then any of the WR's Harris and Woodson have to cover within the division.

This is key

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets look at this against phily Santana Moss had the following:

1st Game 6 Rec for 89 yards a 14.8 yrd avg and a long of 48
2nd Game did not play (out injured)

Plaxico Burress

First Game 4 rec for 24 yards and 1 TD
2nd Game 7 Rec for 136 Yds Long of 41 and a TD

TO
First Game 10 Rec for 174 Yards and 1 TD Long of 45
2nd Game 2 Rec for 37 Yards

I'm not sure I'd judge Lito just based on that to be honest.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts