RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh please tell me this is true please please. I will re-order my NFL package tomorrow. Please

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: First of all both TT and MM think quite highly of Rodgers. Second of all the Pack has really got a nice bunch of receivers to develop which is TT's most important stance. Third there's a very good liklihood GB will be able to snag at least one if not more good looking receivers in the draft. And fourth if Robinson makes it back GB will have the receivers they need.

You are talking about a very high priced #3 or 4 receiver.
Doesn't anyone look at stats to see Jennings is a better receiver.
I would rather have Ferguson. At least he goes over the middle.
Moulds is a much cheaper option out there.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's why it might be true: Brett Favre. The Packers are gearing up for a run...THIS NEXT SEASON.

An inspired Randy Moss would provide a headache second to none to NFL defenses already facing a Pro Bowler in Donald Driver on the other side.
Moss would want to get back at Minnesota...and would have two opportunities to do so.

I can't believe TT would give up draft picks for him, though. Rodgers is fairly expensive extra baggage with a healthy Favre.

Regardless of the details of the trade, I think the Moss to Green Bay stuff has more than just a little 'smoke' to it. McGinn started hinting at it in an article yesterday and I doubt he would do that unless he's hearing SOMETHING.

McCarthy will have his own "T.O" problem to solve here, but if the Packers could bring in Moss, get Robinson back, Driver...they would have some talent at wideout.

This trade would also have profound impacts on the Packers draft.

I think Moss personally is a turd. But if you can get him back into football, it would provide Green Bay with a legit shot at the playoffs, especially in light of an improved defense.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes the most sense in this scenario is that the Raidahs could get their QB, and then take Calvin Johnson #1 overall, or trade the pick away for a kings ransom.

I prefer we keep Rodgers.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes the most sense in this scenario is that the Raidahs could get their QB, and then take Calvin Johnson #1 overall, or trade the pick away for a kings ransom.

i second that ...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah I agree I would rather have Rodgers. However he didn't impress me much but he did get injured and still played through it and all.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know if rodgers will be the next Franchise QB ... or will ever be a QB to take a team too a SB .......... I WANT A FUTURE BRETT A FUTURE MANNING A FUTURE STAR QB

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know if rodgers will be the next Franchise QB ... or will ever be a QB to take a team too a SB .......... I WANT A FUTURE BRETT A FUTURE MANNING A FUTURE STAR QB

That is a little hard to find, and sure Rodgers ins't a SB quarterback. Although I think when favre leaves we should hand the keys to Rodgers and give him a test drive.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

That is a little hard to find, and sure Rodgers ins't a SB quarterback. Although I think when favre leaves we should hand the keys to Rodgers and give him a test drive.

Isnt their any FA qb next year ????

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

Rex Grossman is a SB q/b :thumbsup:

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what i really think is going to happen in 2 3 years ... this team is going to be SB ready but not the QB...

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: Personally I would not want Moss at this point as his numbers have been declining somewhat rapidly and apparently everyone here seems to remember him as the thorn in the pack's backside when he was with the Vikes. In my opinion, which is probably worth diddly, the Packers, do NOT NEED him. The cost would be way too high and we'd probably live to regret the trade. I'd rather see GB move on with the present situation and perhaps a decent pick for WR in the draft. Basically, too much for too little.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: Personally I would not want Moss at this point as his numbers have been declining somewhat rapidly and apparently everyone here seems to remember him as the thorn in the pack's backside when he was with the Vikes. In my opinion, which is probably worth diddly, the Packers, do NOT NEED him. The cost would be way too high and we'd probably live to regret the trade. I'd rather see GB move on with the present situation and perhaps a decent pick for WR in the draft. Basically, too much for too little.
:agree:

I do not think the packers need him, his numbers are declining, he'll age soon. He is a crybaby.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many fans seems so intent on running Rodgers off, or choose to describe him as not worhty of assuming the reins when Favre retires. This is such crap....he has too few snaps to truly know what his capabilities are, but his collegiate performance is stellar, and he has already dislayed strong leadership qualities at both levels in his comments and conduct. I think he will be a fine QB when given the chance.

And I just have a snaeking suspicion that between Brett, TT and MM there is already an agreement in place for two more years, which would allow the organization more freedon in their pursuit of FA to make that run.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is just taking up roster spots......We need to dump him...We all know that he is not a franchise QB, he may be decent at best, but he wont take us in the direction we need to go....Im not saying he is bad and wouldnt be a decent starter, but he is no Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, or Vince Young....We all know at least that much!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, ref, we actually do not "know" this. We may have disparate ideas as to what he will be, but none of us "know" what he is until he gets some reps when it means something.

By every early observation, Brett Favre should not even have had a career...but he was provided an opportunity...and he siezed it.

Beyond that, realistically now, how often does the "franchise QB" that you speka of roll down the pike. Yeah...not that often, and most teams win without the benefit of having one.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, ref, we actually do not "know" this. We may have disparate ideas as to what he will be, but none of us "know" what he is until he gets some reps when it means something.

By every early observation, Brett Favre should not even have had a career...but he was provided an opportunity...and he siezed it.

Beyond that, realistically now, how often does the "franchise QB" that you speka of roll down the pike. Yeah...not that often, and most teams win without the benefit of having one.

I dont know what your talking about ... but the last 3 sb teams all have franchise QB ... brady big ben manning

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

I dont know what your talking about ... but the last 3 sb teams all have franchise QB ... brady big ben manning

Exactly my point....Digs is insane

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe TT would make the trade if it gave us a shot at contending for a SB run but not at the expense of jeperdizing our future. Therefore, I can't see him trading more than Rodgers or a 2, and actually would probably want something back if he gave either of those up. JMHO

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but he is no Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, or Vince Young....We all know at least that much!!

We do know he is not any of those guys (because he's Aaron Rodgers), but who's to say that's a bad thing? Rivers and Young look like players, but neither Leinart nor Cutler looked anything better than average to me last year when I saw them (although Cutler looked to have the most talent of the two).

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imagine we do this trade would you do it?

Rodgers 1st 16th pick ... 2nd 16th pick ... next years second

for

Moss 1st pick overall

No. The only player I would want with the first pick is Calvin Johnson and you are getting Moss.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, guys...the Super Bowl has been going on longer than 3 years, and guys such as Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Phil Simms, and many more "non-franchise" QBs have taken home the trophy.

Conversely, Archie Manning, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and many other "franchise QBs" never touched the Lombardi. Football is the ultimate team sport, and there are many ways to build a tea and win the Super Bowl. It is obvious that TT is going defense and a great ground attack with a complementary passing game. A proven template for winning...one of many.

My point, in the event it is still lost on you, is that we simply do not know what we have in Rodgers. Wd can speculate all we want, but until the tires hit the pavement, he is an unknown. And while I agree that a franchise QB is a desireable thing to have on your team, most teams do not have them...and with the continuing dilution of QBs due to league expansion and purely system college QBs that do not translate well to the pros, they will be increasingly difficult to come by.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

But Brady was not considered a franchise QB until AFTER he won a Super Bowl, and the Steelers won their Super Bowl with an offense that minimized Roethlisberger's decisions, and in spite of the fact that Roethlisberger played poorly in the Super Bowl. I don't think we should bail out on Rodgers until we have some idea of whether he will be any good.

Members online

Latest posts