Rumor ...

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we've had a litany of lousy QBs over those decades. :eek:
All the more reason why it's so outrageous for some people here to have a gripe with Rodgers for whatever petty reason.

Sky King

Reaction score
Here are a few more guys who started games and earned a spot on the "Who's Who-Isn't" list:

Don Horn
John Hadl
Don Milan
Randy Johnson
Jim Zorn
Alan Risher

Had they played for the Packers while still in their primes, Hadl and Zorn may have made some impact worth noting.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the more reason why it's so outrageous for some people here to have a gripe with Rodgers for whatever petty reason.
I definitely believe we are lucky to have him, surely only a small minority would believe otherwise. That doesn't mean he is above criticism though.

Maybe some of those quarterbacks might have amounted to something if the team had been better?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely believe we are lucky to have him, surely only a small minority would believe otherwise. That doesn't mean he is above criticism though.

Maybe some of those quarterbacks might have amounted to something if the team had been better?
Criticism is fine. Hell I criticize him when it's rightfully earned. But stuff in regards to his personality, leadership, etc, when none of this was an issue when we were winning is what annoys me. He is no saint, but at this point we should only be criticizing him in regards to his play and how it affects us winning.

It's just some the sacrilegious stuff and the lengths some people here come up with is what annoys me.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for the fact that it would mean that the Packers didn't win it that year, it wouldn't bother me at all, I would be happy for him. Let's face it, there are probably a number of teams that Rodgers could and might win a Super Bowl with. Not to turn this into another "what's wrong with Rodgers" thread, but those thinking that the Packers offense was set up for him to be successful are fooling themselves. If this wasn't obvious when he went down in 2017 and Hundley crapped the bed with the same offense Rodgers had been running pretty well, then it should have become more obvious after watching the sh*t show of talent that Gute fielded in the way of his receiving corp this year and yet they still went 14-4.

Anyway, Rodgers winning a SB, I hope his next one is with the Packers, but if it is with another team, awesome.

My initial reaction was to agree, with the one exception being Rodgers winning a Super Bowl with the Vikings. If it did happen, though, Viking fans would have to acknowledge that it took an ex-Packer to finally win a Lombardi.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it did happen, though, Viking fans would have to acknowledge that it took an ex-Packer to finally win a Lombardi.
There was a while there when it seemed like they were signing every castoff we had. They probably knew our playbook better than we did. That trend seems to have finally died down.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a while there when it seemed like they were signing every castoff we had. They probably knew our playbook better than we did. That trend seems to have finally died down.
I imagine it'll go back eventually at some point. Our division rivals have a tendency of taking our hand me downs.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine it'll go back eventually at some point. Our division rivals have a tendency of taking our hand me downs.
If we go on another long streak of consistent success, I imagine they'll bring that policy back.

Rodgers and Brady will be the new microphone Duo on ESPN, when they retire..
I always thought Favre would make a good announcer.
Or are you saying Rodgers and Brady will be the new Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman? It would be funny if Brady wore all his Super Bowl rings every day.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Criticism is fine. Hell I criticize him when it's rightfully earned. But stuff in regards to his personality, leadership, etc, when none of this was an issue when we were winning is what annoys me. He is no saint, but at this point we should only be criticizing him in regards to his play and how it affects us winning.

It's just some the sacrilegious stuff and the lengths some people here come up with is what annoys me.

Sacrilegious, seriously ??? too funny. He`s NOT GOD.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t know whether to tag that with a funny or an agree. You are correct though very poor, yet revealing choice of words.
Ok poor choice of words fine. I can understand how that was taken out of context. I was saying that in the sense of being blasphemous (that just so happens to be a synonym of the word btw). Nevertheless my mistake on that part.

Revealing? Let's not read too deep into this alright? It was honest mistake on my part.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok poor choice of words fine. I can understand how that was taken out of context. I was saying that in the sense of being blasphemous (that just so happens to be a synonym of the word btw). Nevertheless my mistake on that part.

Revealing? Let's not read too deep into this alright? It was honest mistake on my part.
lol you are right that blasphemous is a synonym... and equally inappropriate. And if that doesn’t answer your question, I’m not sure anything can.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It`s fine bud. I didn`t mean to shame you like that, It just threw me a bit. It WAS 3.30 a.m. when I read it. My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It`s fine bud. I didn`t mean to shame you like that, It just threw me a bit. It WAS 3.30 a.m. when I read it. My apologies.
All good dude. I could've worded that better.

lol you are right that blasphemous is a synonym... and equally inappropriate. And if that doesn’t answer your question, I’m not sure anything can.
You know what? You're right. If that's what you heard, then I must have misspoken.Accept my apologies.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it's in 400 other threads and it is probably the loosest and most unreliable "source" out of any of them. Something was has largely been disproven thru actions throughout the entire season and someone so desperate for attention or to take a shot had to go searching the world over for someone still writing about it when those closest to it have seen it for what it is.

It's like going to Germany and still seeing David Hasselhoff in prime time. It's over LOL

and I can take shots at Germans, I have enough of it in me and loved every minute I was over there. I also make fun of cheeseheads and lite beer drinkers and white dudes who drive minivans, i'm all of those and it's still funny.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it's in 400 other threads and it is probably the loosest and most unreliable "source" out of any of them. Something was has largely been disproven thru actions throughout the entire season and someone so desperate for attention or to take a shot had to go searching the world over for someone still writing about it when those closest to it have seen it for what it is.

It's like going to Germany and still seeing David Hasselhoff in prime time. It's over LOL

and I can take shots at Germans, I have enough of it in me and loved every minute I was over there. I also make fun of cheeseheads and lite beer drinkers and white dudes who drive minivans, i'm all of those and it's still funny.
a minivan? oh my. *placed on ignore* ;)

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, his picture on that football card looks like he just walked right out of the '70s. He's probably wearing platform shoes.

I looked up his stats. His passer rating from 1975 was 156.3! Okay, well, he only threw four passes...

Any stats on how many arrests he made on the show?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a minivan? oh my. *placed on ignore* ;)
well, I used to. Now I have a truck, but it only has a 5.5ft bed, so is it really a truck? But before we had kids, I had a minivan, called it my "*****in' minivan" because I was usually hauling a bunch of *****es around for training. :) My dogs, though I usually called them my ladies, but when rolling up in a minivan I had to toughen it up a bit. Best dog mobile made and I make no apologies about it :)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it's in 400 other threads and it is probably the loosest and most unreliable "source" out of any of them.
You say that now. But just wait four months from now when Rodgers calls a press conference to announce that he's retiring and moving to Denmark.

Members online

Latest posts