Rumor- Pack Sign Justin Griffith

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive heard a rumor that he has been signed and it will be announced soon this mother f@##%@ker better not be lieing because he has ZBS experience and is good.
Ill keep you posted

Reaction score
Well PL, you may get a lot of flack coming your way... that is a heads up.

The other MODS and I will try to do our best to keep things under control, so people can disagree with you but not go out and start attacking your personally.

One question if you do not mind, the place/person where you heard the rumour, are they reliable?

Reaction score
I agree with kmac.

I'd so do a happy dance, and then maybe cry a little with happiness that the days of Marquand "I can't run fast because I try to get on my own shoulders and tell myself how good I am" Manuel.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some guy said it who said he had inside info and then everyone else started asking if it was true that he had reliable inside info and they all said yes. If it isnt true then I would be pissed off as well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't have any knowledge of a schedule visit but it certainly would be a nice pickup for the Packers as he's an excellent fit.

Reaction score
Griffith is young, at 26/27 years old. He also has some good speed, his stats on NFL.com say he returned a few kicks 2 years back, plus he played in ATL under the ZB scheme.

Would be a good hire all around.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was gonna post a thread about him right after I did my McGahee thread...

Atlanta signed Ovie Mughelli (sp) from Baltimore today, Justin Griffith was out on the market...he's a solid blocker, reciever, experienced but still young, possibly a great pickup

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the Green Bay Press-Gazette dated Saturday March 3, 2007

:packers: Free Agency update by Pete Dougherty. " Packers General manager Ted Thompson appears to be laying low at the start of Free Agency and mainly keeping tabs on Green and his atrempts to re-sign tight end David Martin........
Multiple league-wide sources said they've heard no reports to league officials or heard from agents that any players are visiting Green Bay this opening weekend, which is most expensive time to sign free agents."

If this report is accurate. The Packers have not signed any free agent this weekend, thus signing by the of free agent Justin Griffith is strictly a rumor!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the update PWT, nice to see you back!

The thing about resigning Martin is a bit odd, as one of the writers in the Press Gazette said during his chat that Martin practiced the last couple of weeks and was ready to go, but was never activated for the game.

I think we all agree that TE's need to be reworked, but if we bring back Martin then there isn't anything we've done to rework the TE group.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
False Rumor- Pack Sign Justin Griffith

Sorry guys I hope we can still land him later

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: False Rumor- Pack Sign Justin Griffith

Sorry guys I hope we can still land him later

not your fault, thats why i said "some website just lost credibility...", I hope whoever you got this from was onto something, I know he visitied TB today or yesterday and they're tied up with the QB situation so hopefully we'll get a shot to talk to him and this will come thru

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: False Rumor- Pack Sign Justin Griffith

Bucs signed FB B.J. Askew to a two-year contract.

One report has Tampa still negotiating with Justin Griffith, but he'd be an odd addition now. Askew has intriguing all-around abilities but wants to be a full-time tailback. Hopefully he'll play more than Mike Alstott in 2007.

well thats good news now the Bucs should be out of the running come on TT bring this guy in and sign him.

Members online

Latest posts