RUMOR: Eagles offer up for Javon Walker

OP
OP
H

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Out of the frying pan, into the fire. The kid is an idiot that cannot keep his lips from flapping. He wants to throw a tantrum.....well, let your agent be the bad guy...that is why they are paid...to insulate the player from backlash from teams and fans when negotiations turn sour, which they almost always do.

Immature little ***** as far as I am concerned.

"I want my candy and I want it now.............."

yeah, I say get him out of here--a team in transition doesnt need players talking like this. The reciever market is not that great this year, lets see if we can get a nice draft pick or player for walker

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMVP said:
GakkofNorway said:
Walker is a baby-TO, and I'm not talking skill-wise.

Walker and T.O. weren't the first players to want more money....

One came back to his team and wasn't a distraction...only to get hurt in the effort. The other came back and raised hell....got kicked out of camp for a week, showed off in front of his house with helicpoters swarming all over the place. Came back and raised more hell....got suspended....

T.O. wanted more than just money....he wanted to be the victim....or at least make people think he was. He has paid dearly financially for it.

I think if Walker got his pay day, you'd never hear him complain again....

My question is......how much money is enough??? It was enough when he signed the contract saying he AGREED (GREED being the major part of that word) to play for X amount of dollars for X amount of years. Now, he's hurt, and might not be worth much, and he's disgruntled!?!? He should shut his BIG mouth, and PLAY out his CONTRACT. Then "IF" (and it's a BIG if) he has a GREAT year, THEN he has leverage to hold the team hostage. If i were TT, i'd NEVER trade him till next year at the earliest. If he wants to sit, let him sit and get NO money. He's talented, and i want him on the team, but NOT if he's not willing to live up to his word.

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
McMVP said:
GakkofNorway said:
Walker is a baby-TO, and I'm not talking skill-wise.

Walker and T.O. weren't the first players to want more money....

One came back to his team and wasn't a distraction...only to get hurt in the effort. The other came back and raised hell....got kicked out of camp for a week, showed off in front of his house with helicpoters swarming all over the place. Came back and raised more hell....got suspended....

T.O. wanted more than just money....he wanted to be the victim....or at least make people think he was. He has paid dearly financially for it.

I think if Walker got his pay day, you'd never hear him complain again....

My question is......how much money is enough??? It was enough when he signed the contract saying he AGREED (GREED being the major part of that word) to play for X amount of dollars for X amount of years. Now, he's hurt, and might not be worth much, and he's disgruntled!?!? He should shut his BIG mouth, and PLAY out his CONTRACT. Then "IF" (and it's a BIG if) he has a GREAT year, THEN he has leverage to hold the team hostage. If i were TT, i'd NEVER trade him till next year at the earliest. If he wants to sit, let him sit and get NO money. He's talented, and i want him on the team, but NOT if he's not willing to live up to his word.

I'm not going to disagree with that....I do feel contracts should be honored. But I also know that in today's NFL, there will always be situations like this. Walker is not the first nor the last....each team will have to put up with this crap....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a player, there are two paths to follow to your riches, each with pros/cons.

On one hand, you have the long-term deal. The benefit is that the player gets a big chunk o' change guaranteed up front. This is nice as it protects the player from financial hardship should their career be cut short due to injure. It provides financial security. That being said, it is not uncommon to have the value of the contract exceeded (in many cases by lesser players) rather quickly. Which is the crux of the Walker situation.

Now, Javon...you want to max your dollars in the league, play on a year-to-year basis, or a string of several very short deals. You are assured of getting max dollars over the duration of your contracts, providine your play warrants it. But, sadly, there will not be a big signing bonus so, if your career is shortened for any reason, there is no assurance of financial security for you and your family.

Cannot have it both ways, Javon...but, then again, you probably do not possess the mental acuity to grasp that.

Members online

Latest posts