RUMOR: Eagles offer up for Javon Walker

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is just a rumor, take it for what its worth...one of my friends from home called me up and said this was also reported on ESPN Radio

Fantasy Tailgate Rumors

"ESPN Radio reports that the Eagles have offered a 3rd and Hollis Thomas for Javon Walker"
...um yeah, take that one for what its worth, also...

Adam Vinatieri The Boston Herald indicates Vinatieri could have a new home by Monday, citing an agent who represents more than one available kicker as saying, "My gut, my informed opinion, tells me Adam is gone." Among the teams still in need of a top-flight kicker are the Cowboys, Packers, Falcons and Colts.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon is worth more than a 3rd rounder and HT. I hope we land Vinateri because if we let Longwell go without having a viable option, we're screwed. We're not talking about a punter, we're talking about a guy who can or cannot put points on the board.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles just signed DE Darren Howard (former Saint), which makes Hollis Thomas expendable. Decent player, plus a 3rd. Deep draft makes this a very tempting offer.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
The Eagles just signed DE Darren Howard (former Saint), which makes Hollis Thomas expendable. Decent player, plus a 3rd. Deep draft makes this a very tempting offer.

No way. Besides Hollis Thomas is a DT. The signing of Howard doesn't affect him. The eagles are willing to let him go because he is a fat lazy slob. Plays very inconsistent.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read about this on another site this morning. Sounds like a bad deal to me.

The Eagles should be offering Howard and a 3rd rounder at minimum for JWalk.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Hollis, offer Walker and our 4th and 5th for their second and third. Five picks in the first day in this rich draft could really help make a team for the future.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker has little value right now. He's two years and a major reconstructive surgery away from his one great season. He's also under contract for only one more year. I sure wouldn't offer up anything more than a 3rd round pick for him right now (of course, if I'm TT, I wouldn't take anything less than a first rounder or a second rounder and a solid starter for him). My gut feeling is that he either plays in GB this year or he sits out for the season.

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same rumor on the Eagles board.....

Not sure whether or not to take this seriously....

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Too old...thought he was younger, not a 10 year vet.

He is definitely on the wrong side of 30....the draft pick is worth more...

But at the same time, hard to say what Walker's value is now coming off the injury....

And the fact that he went public with his desire to be traded doesn't help GB get top value either....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter. TT will never trade him now that he has backed him into a corner. What an idiot. Why not just discuss a trade behind closed doors. By demanding a trade in the press, Walker would make TT look like a ****.

Besides, I'm not sure why eagle fans are excited about it. They still have McNabb throwing the ball!

Members online

Latest posts