Ruegamer and Franz

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it looks like tha Packers have finally signed somebody. Grey Ruegamer and Todd Franz. I know the re-signing of Grey is good because he is a good back up and i think he would make an awsome starter. But i have no idea who this Todd Franz person is. Alls i know about him is that he was on the Packs practice squad...as said www.packers.com

So do you think these were good signings?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think so. Right now, I'm going with whatever he does is good. Meaning Ted. We still have a lot of time to sign players. Isn't there a huge cut day June 1st?

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can only assume that grey was signed for less than the mil he was due before the cut so i think this is a great move. he plays center, we slide flanny over to lg, taush in to rg and barry at rt. line complete.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far - Beightol is sayin' that Flanny stays put - end of story - that's why Tauscher's ******* are in a *** - he thinks they'll move him

Ruegamer bein' back is huge at this point....
There's a couple of Guards in the Draft - but we may not even see 'em.
For all we know, TT may be done with FA - savin the rest for the Draft!

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I understand on Franz, he is being brought in as a backup safety and a special teams player. I highly doubt he will be starting. I think he is similar to a Scott McGarrahan or Antuan Edwareds.

I also think that the Rugamer signing was a good move. He is a reliable backup, but not so sure about a full time starter. At the end of the year, Bechtol said he liked Wells at center better than Ruge. The only reason he started in the playoffs is because of experience, not tallent. I think they might sign or draft someone else to challenge Brad Bedell, Atlas Herrington, Wells, Rugemer, and Kevin Barry and then take the top 2 performers and plug them in. There's also a Joe Quinn and Joseph Hayes on the roster at the Guard position who I haven't heard of before.

One thing I think would be cool is if you could get your guards to know both the left and right sides and have them switch during the games. You have one who is a bulldozer a la Larry Allen of the Cowboys, and one who pulls like Wahle. Then if you flip flop them and run both plays to both sides, the Defense wouldn't be able to plan for running tendencies at all. Grant it, that would take a lot of time to learn, but I think that some of the guys could be up for it.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Ruegemer signed for $540,000, which is about half of what we would owe him had he not been released. Good move, TT. Franz will never see the field unless we have injuries, but he has been great on special teams. Hopefully he can take Fergie's spot out there so he can concentrate on recieving full time.

We are still about $7 million under the cap for more signings before the draft. But I think we will wait until the June 1st releases.

Members online

Latest posts