ROUND FIVE PICK WR DAVID CLOWNEY

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. Man we have a lot of WR's.

Maybe that a good thing...with a lots of depth some of them have to be good.

1 Driver
2 Jennings
3 James Jones
4 David Clowney

well throw Carlyle Holiday in there somewhere. What do you think the WR depth chart will look like?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Kiper comments and I like kiper a lot. Sometimes what I think is the same thing he is on a certain issue.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The depth chart may also include Robinson, after the first few games. Wide receiver is starting to look better.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For ESPN fans, "Kiper was just giving Clowney big compliments!"

Is that a good thing? In other threads, when Kiper disagreed with a pick, he is ignored with a "You can't be against a pick just because Kiper doesn't have him rated highly" response.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Kiper comments and I like kiper a lot. Sometimes what I think is the same thing he is on a certain issue.

I agree with Simon Cowell most of the time but even he admits he knows nothing about music. Just kidding. Sooner or later, just about every expert will come up with something that each of us can agree with.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Packers.com

A two-sport athlete who also excelled in track at Virginia Tech, Clowney's 93 receptions rank seventh on the Virginia Tech career-record list. Blessed with tremendous speed, Clowney holds the third-best 55-meter dash time in school history (6.38 in 2005).

Anyone know who is Number 2 at VT in receptions??? Antonio Freeman 121 catches

In High School, returns 3 kickoffs 245 yards for a 81.7 average.

Letters in track -- goes to state finals in 200 M and Regional finals in 100 M.

55 of 93 catches at VT were for 1st downs.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gil Brandt on Clowney:
"I thought Clowney (6-0 1/4, 188 ) he had a chance to be a Day 1 pick. He reminds you of Torry Holt. (Clowney looked like a pencil at the Combine.) He's got 4.33 speed, but had only 34 catches and no touchdowns. He’s got pretty good hands."

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited about this pick =) I think he can be a real playmaker down the line...

I'm also extremely excited about the pick because I actually drafted this guy in madden when I imported the draft class....that to me was really cool that I drafted him on the Packers and he was drafted by the Packers in the real life....and in Madden, he has proven to be a great #3 receiver for me and his caught some long bombs.....

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like his speed... he had to stop and wait for every single deep ball in those videos. If his quarterback could have thrown a better deep ball he probably would've had better stats and been rated higher.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
I like his speed... he had to stop and wait for every single deep ball in those videos. If his quarterback could have thrown a better deep ball he probably would've had better stats and been rated higher.

I was thinking the same thing, he had to stop to go back for the ball he has grear speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts