Round 5 Pick 175 - Dangelo Yancy WR

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
traded back and picked up an extra 7th

Borderline NFL player. Was on a horrible Purdue team so maybe his lack of fame/impact has to do with being on a team without much talent around him.

He has the basic skills and good physical tools, maybe the Packers can make something out of him.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea i don't know if he's gone senile or what? Still some solid DL guys up there and he takes him??? omg...

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Purdue alumnus and frequent attendee of Purdue football games (I married into my in-law's season tickets), I've watched him play in just about every game of his time at Purdue, and I'll say this ... one must consider the absolute ineptitude of Purdue's football program, for the past five years, and particularly at the QB position.

Not so much because he's not a good player, but because Purdue has been so bad in football for a while, I didn't really think he would get drafted, so this is kind of a surprise. That said, he does have all of the intangibles of an NFL receiver, in terms of being a vertical threat, and his speed and size are fine. He will need coaching, in terms of separation - that always seemed to be his weakest attribute. I'm thrilled that he's a Packer for the time being. I expect him to at least be on the practice squad this season.

H

HardRightEdge

I can see what the Packers saw in this guy.

4.36 4.53 time in the 40, it's long speed. In the tape I've seen, when he got over the top on corners nobody was catching him. 38 35 1/2" vertical, 10' broad jump. Lots of athleticism in this guy. Big guy (6'2", 220 lbs) and he plays to his size. 21 frickin' lifts at his Pro Day. That's a LB/RB number and only one less than your new 3rd. round DT.

Tracks the deep ball very well.

He's more strider than twitchy, not uncommon in guys this size.

But mostly, this is a workout warrior pick and a project. He does have a tendency to body catch on short routes and he shows some little bobbles when does go hands; somebody above said "bad hands" and that could be an issue

This looks like a Trevor Davis redo...5th. round for another shot at a stretch-the-field guy. Yancy has better long speed and better size at the least.

Whether there were better WRs on the board I couldn't say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say, he absolutely shredded the Wisconsin secondary. They couldn't run with him. I think he's got more athletic ability other than straight-line speed, despite scouting reports. I've seen some solid start/stop ability that could translate into his route running in time.

H

HardRightEdge

I can see what the Packers saw in this guy.

4.36 4.53 time in the 40, it's long speed. In the tape I've seen, when he got over the top on corners nobody was catching him. 38 35 1/2" vertical, 10' 1" broad jump. Lots of athleticism in this guy. Big guy (6'2", 220 lbs) and he plays to his size. 21 frickin' lifts at his Pro Day. That's a LB/RB number and only one less than your new 3rd. round DT.

Tracks the deep ball very well.

He's more strider than twitchy, not uncommon in guys this size.

But mostly, this is a workout warrior pick and a project. He does have a tendency to body catch on short routes and he shows some little bobbles when does go hands; somebody above said "bad hands" and that could be an issue

This looks like a Trevor Davis redo...5th. round for another shot at a stretch-the-field guy. Yancy has better long speed and better size at the least.

Whether there were better WRs on the board I couldn't say.
I somehow my wires crossed on a couple of Pro Day numbers as corrected above, in particular the actual 4.53 time in the 40. He does look faster once in stride, speed at the back end of the 40 rather than off the line, i.e., "long speed".

Members online

Latest posts