Round 2 Pick 33: Kevin King CB

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet anything he's either a starter or # 3 by opening day. This group or corners were terrible last year, and I refuse to blame it solely on injuries. Please. Packers haven't had physical corners since Al Harris and Charles Woodson. Definitely not one 6'3 with 4.4 speed. I don't think they'll ever be another Charles Woodson in Greeen Bay..but if King can be in the same conversation as far as productivity? Yes Yes yes! The Packers face some good wr tandems this season and no way in the world could TT and co. Could honestly think that that current group would cut it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm sure nelson and rod are desperate to challenge him first thing come practice. can't wait.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TJ Watt with the 29th pick. A guy who will actually help us when the roid abuser pulls a hamstring and misses half the season. I understand this pick I just don't think King is going to be the CB we are all looking for
For starters, Watt isn't his brother and second I'm pretty sure he'd be a lousy CB. Oh, and I'm not aware of this so-called "roid abuser" of which you speak. You're sounding like a Bears fan.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just so happens King was one of the guys I looked at before the draft, and I didn't like him in the first round then and I don't like him at #33 now.

I think I'll defer to the opinions of the people who are, you know, trained and paid to study these guys in-depth rather than the arm chair experts.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Most analysts see holes in King's game. But that kind of goes with the territory when you pick later. He is maybe the best athlete in the draft, has amazing ball skills, high level production, and lots of experience at a high level of college ball. I wouldn't expect really clean play out of him immediately, but he was a worthy pick and a really high upside selection.

If and when he reaches his potential, the Packers will have a corner with the skills and talent to match up with NFC receivers like Dez and Julio.

Sky King

Reaction score
Most analysts see holes in King's game. But that kind of goes with the territory when you pick later. He is maybe the best athlete in the draft, has amazing ball skills, high level production, and lots of experience at a high level of college ball. I wouldn't expect really clean play out of him immediately, but he was a worthy pick and a really high upside selection.

If and when he reaches his potential, the Packers will have a corner with the skills and talent to match up with NFC receivers like Dez and Julio.
That virtually impossible one-handed INT on his draft highlight video was something that precious few DBs could ever hope to pull-off athletically and serves as a precursor to what you've stated above. It was a Beckham-type of highlight-reel play for a DB to make, maybe even better when considering how fast was closing on that contested ball but still managing to snag it and keep it in-bounds. At first sight it looked like it was "just" an impressive knockdown but it was far more spectacular than that. I almost missed it watching the play because I didn't believe that anyone could have pulled that off. It is an eye-popping play.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
Reaction score
We finally have a Corner who tall!
He graded essentially the same as Randall (5.65 vs 5.8) but he's 4" taller + 2" longer arm reach + 1.5" better vertical +1" bigger hands and he's just plain all around quicker.

Combine results/Measurables:

Randall______King
Height 5 11" _____ 6 3"
Weight 196lb ______200lb
Hands 8.63" _______ 9.5"
Arm reach 30.25" _______32"
225bench 14 reps _____ 11 reps
40time: 4.46 ______ 4.43
Vertical 38" _______39.5"
3Cone: 6.83sec _____6.56sec
20yard Shuttle: 4.07sec ____3.89sec

But most importantly.. TT went after the position we positively needed to shore up most.. and got us some height to boot. I think he'll be perfect in this system once he's up and running so to speak.
Ted also gets an A- for going heavy on Defense when we could've very easily lost focus. Each position group will have an injection of competition which in itself will raise the bar for expectations.
The trading back for extra picks was a gamble that could've backfired.. but I think the tradeoff of 2 extra picks paid dividends.
I score Ted a B+ grade for overall craftiness. I feel like we also could've went RB a bit earlier to grade a tad higher, then used one or both of the remaing RB picks to acquire some added O-Line or LB depth.

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious. Is there anywhere to find out what Kevin scored on the Wonderlic? Or is that not posted yet?

I am wondering how difficult it will be for him to pick up Capers' defense.

Members online