Round 2 Pick 33: Kevin King CB

Sky King

Reaction score
We need a #1 CB. Is King it? We'll see. I am happy with this pick.
We already have seen enough...ahhh...#2 play at CB. This may very well be a decent pick in the end but it's going to take some time and and a little patience before we'll really know about this kid, same as it did for Leroy, Collins, HaHa and a few others before him. I've got my fingers crossed.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can anyone not like this pick, lol??? Ted made a master chess move last night, and it worked.

To start with, from nfl.com

Timed speed and play speed are both concerns. Sluggish feet in press allow quick-releasers to shoot past him. Unable to find necessary acceleration for functional makeup speed. Hands are flimsy in his jams. Could use more upper body strength. High center of gravity makes sudden change of direction a challenge. NFL ball production could be a concern. Takes path to his man over paths to the ball. Lacks desired twitch for NFL transitioning to the throws. Takes too long from bail technique and backpedal to plant and burst on the ball. Ankle biter willing to engage in too many arm tackles and blind shoulder rolls.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Timed speed and play speed are both concerns. Sluggish feet in press allow quick-releasers to shoot past him. Unable to find necessary acceleration for functional makeup speed. Hands are flimsy in his jams. Could use more upper body strength. High center of gravity makes sudden change of direction a challenge. NFL ball production could be a concern. Takes path to his man over paths to the ball. Lacks desired twitch for NFL transitioning to the throws. Takes too long from bail technique and backpedal to plant and burst on the ball. Ankle biter willing to engage in too many arm tackles and blind shoulder rolls.
For every one of these there are glowing reviews. Same goes for every player outside the elite. The kid is a player.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

From nflspinzone...

33. Green Bay Packers: Kevin King, CB – Washington
King is the big-bodied cornerback that is the soup du jour of the modern NFL. Frankly, the Packers could’ve used any kind of corner, though, in a depleted secondary. A solid pick and a player with massive upside. Grade: A-

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With TT picking another CB with his first pick, hopefully sends a message to Randall, get your head out of your butt and play.

I understand that Caper's defense is difficult to learn. Looking forward to how training camp shakes out.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe there are negative reports on a guy drafted in the second round. I figured he would be all strengths and no weaknesses

King has flaws but he has great upside. Hard not to like a pick like this in the 2nd round

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tbh,

a lot of those "negatives" sound like the same could be said of Sherman(who he's compared to)

He's a tall *** kid, 6'3 playing CB... he won't be running a 4.2 40... has anyone that tall ever ran a 40 that fast?? Also he has longer arms so i would assume that jamming WRs won't be his strength... I just look at his production, and they/stats don't lie

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For every one of these there are glowing reviews. Same goes for every player outside the elite. The kid is a player.

Exactly, I wonder who writes these strengths and weaknesses parts because when you read the strengths you wonder why the guy was not a top 10 pick but then you read the weaknesses and you wonder why he got drafted at all. They are all young and need time to develop. If they can improve on the strengths and decrease the weaknesses they will be OK if not better.

I'd think most fans would just be happy they got a CB.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, I wonder who writes these strengths and weaknesses parts because when you read the strengths you wonder why the guy was not a top 10 pick but then you read the weaknesses and you wonder why he got drafted at all. They are all young and need time to develop. If they can improve on the strengths and decrease the weaknesses they will be OK if not better.

I'd think most fans would just be happy they got a CB.
Exactly. It's so subjective. Give me a kid with skills and a good attitude. More times than not a good coach can draw out the potential. I'm thrilled with what we've done thus far.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like this pick though, regardless if it was "obvioous" or not lol

I think Kevin King will be our best CB since Charles Woodson... so yes that includes Shields and Ty Williams best years too

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be in the minority but I haven't given up hope for Rollins and Randall just yet. I believe injuries played a role in their diminished performance last season and am hopeful both, or at least one, can rebound this upcoming season. They are too young to just be written off. If we can get improved play from them in combination with King, House and Gunter we may have a chance of really turning things around. They backend is going to be really stout with the addition of Jones and I am very high on Brice. Obviously none of this is guaranteed but I believe we are considerably better today than we were 4 months ago and that's worth getting excited about in my eyes.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Randall can and WILL be very good... but he's more of a "number 2" cornerback and I think he can develop into a VERY GOOD number 2.

Rollins is trash IMO and is better suited for slot and or SS

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the other thing with Rollins is....

He and Davon House have pretty the SAME EXACT "skill set" so the Packers FO didn't exactly instill confidence in him either in bringing back House did they?

It's fine though...

CB:
King
House
Randall
Gunter
Rollins

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This kid a gem. Tall, fast, smart, he has the tools to be a shut down corner. Hopefully he works hard because the ability is definitely there.

ChsPackerBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really liking this pick from TT. Last year he gave up all of zero TDs and only one in his past 28 games. Kid can just flat out ball and I for one am excited to see how he does.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From nflspinzone...

33. Green Bay Packers: Kevin King, CB – Washington
King is the big-bodied cornerback that is the soup du jour of the modern NFL. Frankly, the Packers could’ve used any kind of corner, though, in a depleted secondary. A solid pick and a player with massive upside. Grade: A-

See answer to your other reply to my post. Didn't say I had an opinion, just answered someone else's question.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts