Round 2 Pick 33: Kevin King CB

H

HardRightEdge

I give this pick a "C". Not crazy about this guy; he lacks twitch and physicality. I see him as a FS. But I am not surprised one bit. At least that's better than the "D" I gave the Randall pick, another FS trying to play perimeter corner.

Oh, wait a sec. When I gave Randall a "D" I questioned whether the plan was to move Clinton-Dix to corner and play Randall at FS. Both scenarios seemed equally implausible.

Maybe now Randall goes to FS with Burnett playing in the box. Then I'd give this pick a "B".

That, of course, is not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have been totally fine picking him at 29 so getting him at 33 is a major bonus.

Now get an edge rusher with the next pick in the second.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great pick! I woulda been happy with him at 29, and we still got him and the 1st pick in the 4th. Nice ted!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give this pick a "C". Not crazy about this guy; he lacks twitch and physicality. I see him as a FS. But I am not surprised one bit. At least that better than the "D" I gave the Randall pick, another FS trying to play perimeter corner.

Oh, wait a sec. When I gave Randall a "D" I questioned whether the plan was to move Clinton-Dix to corner and play Randall at FS. Both scenarios seemed equally implausible.

Maybe now Randall goes to FS with Burnett playing in the box. Then I'd give this pick a "B".

That, of course, is not going to happen.
I agree with you 100% I am not sure why people are excited about this pick at all. I'm guessing only because anything is better than what we had playing cornerback last year

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a #1 CB. Is King it? We'll see. I am happy with this pick.

H

HardRightEdge

I agree with you 100% I am not sure why people are excited about this pick at all. I'm guessing only because anything is better than what we had playing cornerback last year
He's going to play cornerback and his Combine numbers are first round. What's not to like, right? :confused:

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's going to play cornerback and his Combine numbers are first round. What's not to like, right? :confused:
The truth is that certain people will always complain when a player of their choosing was not picked. It is something I see in both sports I follow: Hockey (Sharks) and Football (Packers).

And then a few years later if the player picked by the team does not perform, there will be a 'I told you so' comment made. The truth is that these players are all just kids. There is no 100% guarantee that their skill will translate to the Pro's.

Atleast with King he has good numbers at both the combine and at Washington. I am pretty pleased by the pick.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would u have taken?
TJ Watt with the 29th pick. A guy who will actually help us when the roid abuser pulls a hamstring and misses half the season. I understand this pick I just don't think King is going to be the CB we are all looking for

H

HardRightEdge

The truth is that certain people will always complain when a player of their choosing was not picked.
My comment was sarcastic. I couldn't tell if you got that.

As for you comment, perhaps. But certainly not in my case. I only looked at tape of a handful of CBs, RBs and WRs. Ted could have picked any number of players, any of the OLBs for example, and I wouldn't have an opinion until I looked at some tape after the fact.

I really didn't have one favorite player.

I didn't think Thompson had the balls to take Mixon that high, but I would have been quite happy with that pick. B+

I liked Awuzi among those likely to be available. Not in love with him by any means but he checked a lot of boxes. B-

Had Thompson picked somebody I was not familiar with I might have liked him after some study.

It just so happens King was one of the guys I looked at before the draft, and I didn't like him in the first round then and I don't like him at #33 now.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the pick. He and House immediately help in the backend. There are a lot of high-end defenders left for those of you panning the pick. This kid is something we don't have: a tall CB that can both run and jump, play press man and has good ball skills. Just because Ted didn't take "your guy" doesn't make it a bad pick. Just my 2 cents... Big night ahead! G P G !!

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My "pick" a week ago was to trade down and we did. I think TT looked at the board, saw a couple players he'd be happy with at #33, picked up an extra top 100 pick AND saved money he can use to pay PROVEN players. I'm not a huge TT fan but this was an excellent move. As far as the kid we picked up? Who knows?..... nobody knows

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixon will be better guaranteed but king will be a good corner and I guess the packers can win a super bowl without a special running back but they're not gonna without at least good corners.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts