Rough start for Lord Favre

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, who was throwing passes to high-school kids as recently as four days ago, suited up with the men on Friday night.And it was rough.Favre completed one of four passes in two three-and-out drives against the Chiefs...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here we go, with the sour grapes bullsh*t...

Get ready for it all year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol and if this was Rodgers, Levens would sure be here jumping up n down in glee

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The Vikings announcers apparently had some of the purple cool-aid before the game. Understandable I guess. Lord "Silverhaire" Favre has arrived!!! The two 3 and outs, and 1-4 completions didn't bother them at all. The color guy was nearly pissing his pants for joy and actually said how these would be completions in the regular season. Oh Really!? Becasue the recievers will learn to read Bretta's thoughts? Yeah, sure. Then comments about him getting laid out twice was actually good as it showed he can still get up from big hits. Oh Really, having your $12M man laid out twice is good? Vikings better fix that line or that $12M man isn't going to last the season. And if he does get hurt and forces Chilly to play him anyway. Well, ask the jets how that works out.

It was funny to see the Vikings fans act like Favre was the 2nd coming. 40 year old wackjob egomaniac with a refurbished arm!? You gotta be kidding me. "We are SB bound baby!" Ask the Cowboys about crowning themselves King before playing out the 16 games, and playoffs.

Hey, at least he is the Vikings "Wackjob Egomaniac with a Refurbished arm". Enjoy the 3-5 interception games Vikes. They're coming.

After all the negative comments I've had to read from Viking fans the last 15 years about Favre, NOW the dude can do no wrong in their opinion!

F'ing Hypocrites.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Vikings announcers apparently had some of the purple cool-aid before the game. Understandable I guess. Lord "Silverhaire" Favre has arrived!!! The two 3 and outs, and 1-4 completions didn't bother them at all. The color guy was nearly pissing his pants for joy and actually said how these would be completions in the regular season. Oh Really!? Becasue the recievers will learn to read Bretta's thoughts? Yeah, sure. Then comments about him getting laid out twice was actually good as it showed he can still get up from big hits. Oh Really, having your $12M man laid out twice is good? Vikings better fix that line or that $12M man isn't going to last the season. And if he does get hurt and forces Chilly to play him anyway. Well, ask the jets how that works out.

It was funny to see the Vikings fans act like Favre was the 2nd coming. 40 year old wackjob egomaniac with a refurbished arm!? You gotta be kidding me. "We are SB bound baby!" Ask the Cowboys about crowning themselves King before playing out the 16 games, and playoffs.

Hey, at least he is the Vikings "Wackjob Egomaniac with a Refurbished arm". Enjoy the 3-5 interception games Vikes. They're coming.

After all the negative comments I've had to read from Viking fans the last 15 years about Favre, NOW the dude can do no wrong in their opinion!

F'ing Hypocrites.

He got off the plane a few days ago..

He's throwing to receivers he just met, many who are as inexperienced as the Packer receivers were when Favre brought the Packers to 14-3...He is going to be just fine..and so are the Vikings.

Sour grapes...Murgen?

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got off the plane a few days ago..

He's throwing to receivers he just met, many who are as inexperienced as the Packer receivers were when Favre brought the Packers to 14-3...He is going to be just fine..and so are the Vikings.

Sour grapes...Murgen?
he skipped out on training camp: thats a fact aint it Levens?

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless it is still JUST a preseason game. The real "review" should be week #1 when it actually counts.

DISCLAIMER: The above message does not express love or hate for Favre. Just stating facts about preseason football. :) (in case anyone was confused!)

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good post at Star Tribune..I wholeheartedly agree!

Favre made the Packers competetive

From 69 to 92 the packers have been to the playoffs once or twice. since then with Favre they have been there almost every year. Packer fans need to recognise who made who. GO VIKINGS!!!!
posted by vikegreg on Aug 23, 09 at 1:39 pm | 8 of 9 people liked this comment.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post at Star Tribune..I wholeheartedly agree!

Favre made the Packers competetive

From 69 to 92 the packers have been to the playoffs once or twice. since then with Favre they have been there almost every year. Packer fans need to recognise who made who. GO VIKINGS!!!!
posted by vikegreg on Aug 23, 09 at 1:39 pm | 8 of 9 people liked this comment.
A vikings post telling me how to be a packer fan. Do not mind if I disagree...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this what D. Levens does? He just searches the internet for any little comment that praises favre as of now. D. Levens, grow up.

Members online

Latest posts