Rostering and Capology

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m the one wanting TT to go out this offseason and sign a safety and ILB to reasonable contracts, having provided names of players which I think wouldn´t cost a lot of money.

The only thing you have done so far is bashing other people who don´t agree with you, claiming your way is the only acceptable one while calling everyone that doesn´t agree with you clueless. AND ALL OF THAT WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY FACTS!!!

You are not making sense. I'm red in the face for you. lol

You said- EXACT QUOTE: "It would be great if you could come up with one free agent signing TT made that made a negative impact on the Packers compareable to the impact Pickett and Woodson had."

Ummmmmmmmm.... ok... you.....ummmm....you ...ahhh...got me? Ted Thompson has not had ONE free agent signing that was equally bad as those signings were good. You got me and you are right!!! Ted needs to!!!! ...Ted needs tooo....ummmm ....Ted needs to.. do better at pulling off some...ahhh... really ...really bad free agent...signings?

D

Deleted member 6794

Ummmmmmmmm.... ok... you.....ummmm....you ...ahhh...got me? Ted Thompson has not had ONE free agent signing that was equally bad as those signings were good. You got me and you are right!!! Ted needs to!!!! ...Ted needs tooo....ummmm ....Ted needs to.. do better at pulling off some...ahhh... really ...really bad free agent...signings?

You're really not one of the bright spots around here!!! TT has proven in the past that signing free agents to reasonable contracts can pay big dividends. But for whatever reason he stopped using it over the last few years and the defense has paid the price for it.

All I would like him to do is sign a safety and ILB to fill our most glaring holes on defense with some veterans.

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're really not one of the bright spots around here!!! TT has proven in the past that signing free agents to reasonable contracts can pay big dividends. But for whatever reason he stopped using it over the last few years and the defense has paid the price for it.

All I would like him to do is sign a safety and ILB to fill our most glaring holes on defense with some veterans.

He uses free agency few and far between. That's always been his M.O.. There is nothing new here big guy.

He's not going to do it just to do it. You know what THAT would make us if he did that? That would make us the Lions or Bears...or Falcons... Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh my! Do you want to be the Lions or Bears or Falcons? Lions or Bears or Falcons Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh my! Lions or Bears or Falcons Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh my!

Who is the "smart one" here? Me, that knows he seldom uses free agency, or you that's shocked he's NOT using free agency?! lol

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO.! WHAT? Oooooh my God! Ummmm...I'm the one suggesting Ted doesn't make stupid free agent signings. I'm the one suggesting free agents signing are usually NOT a good deal and the right thing to do and I support TT's methods. YOU on the other hand are arguing the opposite AND YET... here you are asking me to come up with a negative impact Thompson signing? GOT IT!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... captain.... big shooter.... you won't find many. That's MY point!!!! Ted doesn't make the mistakes YOU are trying to tell us he SHOULD!

This really is getting silly. You guys are literally spinning yourselves in circles and not even making sense. lol

you yell alot:cautious:

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and TT told you that he isn't trying to sign anyone????

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he will...that's my take on it.
Your probably right but I bet he is keeping his options open. He just isn't going to get into a bidding war. Remember when he got Woodson? Do you remember how nobody wanted him even cheap? That is the way TT gets his guys he is looking for value.

H

HardRightEdge

I like Ted Thompson, but the line of reasoning that he shouldn't be criticized since the Packers are perennially contenders is flawed. The Packers have an MVP/HOF caliber quarterback (due credit to TT for that, of course) and that's all it takes. Can you name a MVP/HOF QB in the past 20 years or so that wasn't on a contender? I can't. Did they all just happen to have great GM's? In today's NFL you could surround an elite QB with a bunch of scrubs and you'll still win most of your games.

This to me is where the criticism of TT needs to be focused. He's spent a lot of draft picks of defense and it just hasn't worked out. For a draft and develop guy that's a real problem. It may not be something that needs to be solved through free agency, though. It may be simply a matter of changing the process/personnel of the scouting department. Something's definitely not working, though, and he needs to figure out what it is and fix it.
As one NFL scout succinctly put it, with a franchise QB you start at 8-8 and work up from there.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So the question was whether there was HOF caliber quarterbacks that weren't on consistently contending teams and you list 4 scrubs that went to the Super Bowl. I'm thinking you misunderstood the question (or you believe those 4 are HOF quality).

Looks like you weren't alone though.
Depends on if you can consider many of the Marino teams "Contenders" (Once again, damn you, Montana)

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SI/Don Banks on that crappy GM Ted Thompson
Rates Ted Second only behind Ozzie Newsome

The Packers almost always reside near the top of the list when it comes to the reputation of their front office, because they have the talented roster, draft track record, organizational stability and aversion to quick fixes in free agency that have almost always worked for the league's best and brightest teams. There's a good reason Oakland came after Reggie McKenzie as its GM last year, and John Dorsey was Kansas City's choice to lead the franchise as general manager this year. The tough-minded Packers are seen as having the right approach to building an organization and the kind of commitment to the draft that pays dividends. Don Banks

Members online

Latest posts