1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Rostering and Capology

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NOMOFO, Jan 15, 2014.

1. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    You are not making sense. I'm red in the face for you. lol

You said- EXACT QUOTE: "It would be great if you could come up with one free agent signing TT made that made a negative impact on the Packers compareable to the impact Pickett and Woodson had."

Ummmmmmmmm.... ok... you.....ummmm....you ...ahhh...got me? Ted Thompson has not had ONE free agent signing that was equally bad as those signings were good. You got me and you are right!!! Ted needs to!!!! ...Ted needs tooo....ummmm ....Ted needs to.. do better at pulling off some...ahhh... really ...really bad free agent...signings?

• Old Old x 1
  2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,573
    You're really not one of the bright spots around here!!! TT has proven in the past that signing free agents to reasonable contracts can pay big dividends. But for whatever reason he stopped using it over the last few years and the defense has paid the price for it.

All I would like him to do is sign a safety and ILB to fill our most glaring holes on defense with some veterans.

3. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    He uses free agency few and far between. That's always been his M.O.. There is nothing new here big guy.

He's not going to do it just to do it. You know what THAT would make us if he did that? That would make us the Lions or Bears...or Falcons... Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh my! Do you want to be the Lions or Bears or Falcons? Lions or Bears or Falcons Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh my! Lions or Bears or Falcons Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh my!

Who is the "smart one" here? Me, that knows he seldom uses free agency, or you that's shocked he's NOT using free agency?! lol

• Old Old x 1
  4. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012

That he drafted Brad Jones.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012

you yell alot:cautious:

6. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    sorry

7. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +153
    and TT told you that he isn't trying to sign anyone????

8. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012
    I don't think he will...that's my take on it.

9. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +153
    Your probably right but I bet he is keeping his options open. He just isn't going to get into a bidding war. Remember when he got Woodson? Do you remember how nobody wanted him even cheap? That is the way TT gets his guys he is looking for value.

10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,485
    As one NFL scout succinctly put it, with a franchise QB you start at 8-8 and work up from there.

11. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Depends on if you can consider many of the Marino teams "Contenders" (Once again, damn you, Montana)

12. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    SI/Don Banks on that crappy GM Ted Thompson
    Rates Ted Second only behind Ozzie Newsome

The Packers almost always reside near the top of the list when it comes to the reputation of their front office, because they have the talented roster, draft track record, organizational stability and aversion to quick fixes in free agency that have almost always worked for the league's best and brightest teams. There's a good reason Oakland came after Reggie McKenzie as its GM last year, and John Dorsey was Kansas City's choice to lead the franchise as general manager this year. The tough-minded Packers are seen as having the right approach to building an organization and the kind of commitment to the draft that pays dividends. Don Banks