Roster cuts

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHY THE F*** was SPENCER HAVNER CUT?

I predicted the Will Blackmon one, but Havner getting cut ranks RIGHT THERE WITH THE brilliant DECISION to cut JON RYAN 2 YEARS AGO.

Havner made plays as a TE last year. He scored twice in the Viking game.... he's solid on special teams. WTF??

Are we sure about this one being true?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pat Lee is newest rumor of Cut. If so, what a wasted pic
I hate Pat Lee and hated that pick the second it was announced.
He only started one year at Auburn.
He was okay at best.

Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, most of that SEC conference was a running team, unlike say the Big 12 with Bradford, Graham Harrell, Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel, etc. He had no experience covering WRs in a passing offense.

But he fit the important height requirement for a CB for TT's criteria. Is it any wonder why TT has never drafted us a good CB when he cuts out 50% of the CB's available because they're not tall enough?

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Still dont know why Bush is still on the team.

What makes him so good to keep.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't understand releasing Havner,he is so versatile, and showed last year that he can be effective in the red zone. I personally think they should have kept all five TEs and cut Bush!​

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons cut Chevis Jackson. He is a decent corner who has made some big plays and is still pretty young. I wonder what his going rate is?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I as well can not believe they are getting rid of Havner. He was our ****ing ace in the hole. That's stupid. I'm angry.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHY THE F*** was SPENCER HAVNER CUT?

I predicted the Will Blackmon one, but Havner getting cut ranks RIGHT THERE WITH THE brilliant DECISION to cut JON RYAN 2 YEARS AGO.

Havner made plays as a TE last year. He scored twice in the Viking game.... he's solid on special teams. WTF??

Are we sure about this one being true?

While the move took me by surprise, it's probably because we have 3 other guys- Finley, Lee and Finley Jr. err, Quarless. They told Havner they're gonna try and trade him first and then cut him if they can't trade him.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the depth Green Bay has at some positions there is bound to be some really really tough decisions regarding the cuts. I'm hoping they can make some trades even if it is for future picks instead of simply having to cut all of the required number of players.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons cut Chevis Jackson. He is a decent corner who has made some big plays and is still pretty young. I wonder what his going rate is?

I saw that earlier. If he's cut he won't have a rate so to speak. He'll have to pass through waivers first and then can negotiate with anyone.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I've given up on Bush ever being released. If he isn't released upon the returns of Harris and Bigby, he may never get the axe.

Wonder if we're carrying 3 FBs again?

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its pretty interesting. I wonder what is in the works. There is some decent CB talent being released from several teams. Nathan Vasher, Chevis Jackson, and Joe Burnett were all cut.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The JS online blog seems to be doing a pretty good job of keeping up with the news Running cutdown day thread - JSOnline

From that, I get that these guys are expected to be cut...

Kregg Lumpkin, Jason Cherry, Charles Dillon, Chastin West, Patrick Williams, Spencer Havner, Allen Barbre, Breno Giacomini, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Chris Campbell, Jarius Wynn, Ronald Talley, Anthony Toribio, Alex Joseph, Maurice Simpkins, Robert Francois, Cyril Obiozor, D.J. Clark, Anthony Levin, Will Blackmon, and Chris Bryan,

And one more would make 53. I've heard conflicting reports on it being P. Lee.

The official list should be out within the next 2 hours...I would believe.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm. Interesting. Although I don't understand why they held on to Barbre.

Me either, unless he really is hurt. Don't see him making roster next year.

Still keep 3 FBs along with 4 tight ends, but I wouldn't be suprised if Hall/Johnson were gone when they need to make room for Bigby and Harris. I think Lee and Bush have 6 more weeks to prove themselves before they come back, also.

Barring a trade, who's returning kicks/punts, Jordy?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson followed by Tramon Williams will probably be returning punts.

Edit- Corrected my own mistake. My bad, sorry for the bad info.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson followed by Tramon Williams will probably be returning punts.

Blackmon and Barbre were released, not IR. They got injury settlements and can be re-signed at some point this season after week 10 I believe, provided they aren't signed by someone else by then.

edit- I'm not totally clear on the injury settlement rules, just stating info I gathered through other conversations. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I've heard since (from some message board poster) that they put them on IR before getting their injury settlement. Either way, it looks like they're goners.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I had bad info, so I deleted my original post. I read earlier they were given injury settlements and just now saw the update they were put on IR.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sucks they got rid of Havner. I was hoping he would make the cut

We are (were) stacked at TE. I would expect Havner to get picked up by someone soon. I hope he ends up on a decent team.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havner will be either a Bear or a Lion in a few short days. Maybe even A Viking. He has intricate knowledge of GBs goalline packages, including all fakes, tricks, and nuances. He will get signed to at least debrief the goal line packages (hell, he was the goalline package for a few games). You heard it here first. All bets on MN.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppinga is still in. It's got to be because of his special teams. I didn't think he looked so good at LB in that KC game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts