Roster Additions after Cut Down?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Packers are considering keeping Burks, I hope they have their eyes on Mack Brown (Washington cut him). Granted was just a preseason game, but he looked awesome the other night against Tampa Bay.

But I do agree with many of you, DL is a spot I think TT is keeping close eye on who is available. Not sure why, but I keep smelling Pot Roast and that isn't saying I am in favor of bringing him in, just seems like a move TT might make.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Denver releases Ronnie Hillman, wouldn't mind seeing the Packers put a waiver claim in for him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Denver releases Ronnie Hillman, wouldn't mind seeing the Packers put a waiver claim in for him.

Hillman is a vested veteran and therefore doesn't have to clear waivers. As a free agent he can sign with a team immediately.

Will TT make any such moves until after the Jacksonville game, if at all?

Thompson made some moves to save cap space over the last few days so I don't expect him to sign a veteran to a fully guaranteed contract before week 1.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This dude has wheels. Check that video out above I posted.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really like the Pressley signing. He has legit 4.38 speed and return abilities.

Also, Geronimo Allison cleared waivers so hopefully we can sign him to the
practice squad along with Carl Bradford.

Edit - Per Ryan Wood, Carl Bradford has been added to the Packers practice squad.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My guess is that the 53 we saw at the end of the day yesterday wont be the same by this time tomorrow. Some players may be IR'd, or waived and resigned to PS. Looks like the RB position is already changing. Waiting for Janis or Davis being shifted to IR and then who knows what happens at LS, DL and ILB. Bradford being signed to the PS may cover ILB (in the Packers minds).

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather see Davis on IR than Janis. Janis' injury isn't a huge deal and he can play special teams right now with the club.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would rather see Davis on IR than Janis. Janis' injury isn't a huge deal and he can play special teams right now with the club.
Either would make sense depending in the severity of their injuries. I know their was some concern about Janis being able to tackle on special teams with his hand in a club. I think they saw enough of Davis and with the 5th round selection weren't going to waive him, so to fully protect him IR makes sense if that shoulder won't be right for awhile.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect any moves for released talent (not rookie, or younger players) to occur at this point after week 1 due to the rules regulating vet players. If signed today (or any time prior to opening day) their contract for year 1 becomes fully guaranteed. If signed after week 1, its no longer guaranteed.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I saw the speed, while I don't know who the guys were on the Rams chasing him, but given their jersey numbers they probably weren't slow either and he outran them. Pressley, at 5-foot-10 and 206 pounds, ran a 4.39-second, 40-yard dash at New Mexico’s pro day this spring.

Looking forward to seeing him in Green and Gold, especially week 2 :D

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, albeit a single run, I like seeing him keep his balance while getting hit several times.

Members online

Latest posts