Rosenhaus tells Favre to call him

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers: Favre sounds off on Walker and Rosenhaus again
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, July 19, 2005

News
It's becoming a weekly ritual as training camp approaches: the media gets an opportunity to speak with Brett Favre, the conversation turns to holdout wide receiver Javon Walker, and the Packers quarterback speaks his mind. The latest opportunity came Monday at the U.S. Bank Championship pro-am. "I hope Javon comes back. I hope he comes to his senses," Favre told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I know he's a good guy; he's a great player. He's still got a lot left to give to this game, to give to the Green Bay Packers. But you can't do it that way." Favre went on to say, "Some people would agree with me, some people won't. And that's fine. But I know we need him, and I know he's under contract, and to me that means he should be here." As for Walker's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, suggesting that he give him a call so that he can set him straight, Favre was more direct. "Set me straight on what? I've played 14 straight years. I have not held out one time. He has nothing to say to me."

A'tta boy Brett. I hope management stands up to the greed like Favre is.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a ****** Rosenwhore is. Could you imagine your agent sequestering one of your teammates to give him a call to explain the situation?A) It makes you look like a friggin wimp, and B) You're now dragging a HOFer and your QB to your mess that you've created. Talk about going over the boundries. All Rosenwhore would do is tell Brett to break off his relationship with his current agent and sign/holdout with Drew. :puke:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to our local paper Rosenwhateveryou want to call him stated that Favre shouldn't be saying anything because he has had contract disputes. Does anyone remember that? I can't. All I know is that Favre has restructured his contracts to help out the Pack. If that is a contract dispute, I don't know the definition of dispute then according to Rosen.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a little hypocricy in what Favre is saying...no, he never held out, but he's said that the team is first. He's making the most $$$ on the team by far which is restricting who the Packers are able to sign. Of course he's earned/deserved his salary, but, well, I'm just saying...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry. Yes, he's great, he's Brett Favre, etc. but it just seems like he's talking out of both sides of his mouth when his contract is binding the team more so than any other player, yet he says the team is first.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call him collect :D I see no reason why Favre should wast his dime on Rosenhaus.[/quote]
No that is bad calling collect to Rosenjerk because it will cost him money then he will make more stupid decisions to get more money for himself.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Team is behind #4

Brett Favre has been an outspoken critic of wide receiver Javon Walker's holdout, and Favre's teammates are backing his right to speak his mind. "I think for the most part most players don't have the right to comment on other people's business, but with Brett, he's got the clout and he can say what he wants and I don't think anybody can question it. I don't know of many other guys in the locker room that have that," tackle Mark Tauscher told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Added kicker Ryan Longwell: "Brett has earned more respect than anybody in the locker room and he can say what ever he wants

Members online

Latest posts