Root for Cards or Yikes!?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luck will be long gone by the time the Vikings pick. The Vikings schedule is fairly easy from here on out. Maybe they finish 7-9 or 8-8. Luck will probably be the #1 pick in the draft. And Minnesota won't have enough assets to trade up that high.

I also think you are rating the Viking offense too high. Their wideouts are young and AP is young, but the OL is in decline. And by the time the OL is fixed, AP will be old for a RB.

Let's not forget Ryan Mallet. He may end up being the best pro QB in the draft.

Vikings will have the option of Locker or Mallet. I could see them going for a corner though. Tavaris Jackson is still on the roster and the Viqueens are a veteran team. I could see them signing a veteran FA.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I could see Minnesota signing McNabb, honestly. He's clearly not going to be back in Washington after this year.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Minnesota signing McNabb, honestly. He's clearly not going to be back in Washington after this year.

That is a great point. Shanahan wants him gone and the Vikings are a veteran team. I really can't see them starting a rookie QB with their aging offensive and defensive line.

I could see the Vikings and Raiders fighting over McNabb.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this. The Vikings don't have the time to develop a QB because they are a veteran team. I think a guy like Donovan McNabb or Matt Hasselbeck is more likely. The problem with veteran teams is the temptation to keep going for it every year and rarely does it work. Also, if Jackson was worth a hill of beans they wouldn't have sent the posse down to Hattiesburg to get Favre to play another year.

I'm not as high as Mallett as you. Great college QB, but could be too slow and immobile for the NFL. Also seems to be a bit injury prone. He reminds of a guy like Dan McGuire. Who knows though? If he can play at NFL speed you may be right.

I see him as a Big Ben type. Give Mallett time and he'll pick you apart.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
To me, I look around at all the young QB's having success right now (Sanchez, Ryan, Flaaco, Bradford, Freeman, etc) and then I look at Andrew Luck and I think to myself "Luck is going to be even better than those guys".

I really believe that. I think he's the best QB prospect coming out that I've seen since maybe Carson Palmer.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
this was a dumb question. if u root for the viqueens then your not a true packer fan
I would be willing to bet that sometime between now and the end of the year will have to root for the Vikings to win to help Green Bay in the play-off hunt. I can see one of 3 games that might qualify right now, The Giants, Eagles or second Bear game. WE will see how much of a "true" Packer fan you are then.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that sometime between now and the end of the year will have to root for the Vikings to win to help Green Bay in the play-off hunt. I can see one of 3 games that might qualify right now, The Giants, Eagles or second Bear game. WE will see how much of a "true" Packer fan you are then.
Yeah if we blow so bad that we need them to beat the Giants or Eagles so we can get a wildcard spot then we dont deserve a playoff run.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, I look around at all the young QB's having success right now (Sanchez, Ryan, Flaaco, Bradford, Freeman, etc) and then I look at Andrew Luck and I think to myself "Luck is going to be even better than those guys".

I really believe that. I think he's the best QB prospect coming out that I've seen since maybe Carson Palmer.

I thought he was good when I was watching him vs USC and the mechanics were good but nothing seems "special" to me. Maybe he just needs a growing period. Well see.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Honestly, when it comes to the games between other teams in our division, I won't cheer or root, but I would be pleased if whatever team has the worse record won. I don't care which team it is, whatever it takes to get us further is what counts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts