Rookies We Missed Out On

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clark has performed on a decent level but the Cowboys game proved that the entire defensive line is a work in progress.

Exactly, but for a rookie, he's doing very well. He's extremely young and it tends to take linemen a couple years to develop. I've done a complete 180 on the pick and I'm really happy we got him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly, but for a rookie, he's doing very well. He's extremely young and it tends to take linemen a couple years to develop. I've done a complete 180 on the pick and I'm really happy we got him.

I haven't done a complete 180 on selecting Clark in the first round but I'm more optimistic about his future by now.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Was a little surprised to see Spriggs playing RT when Bulaga went out Sunday. I didn't realize he had achieved swing tackle status already.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thankfully he learned both sides otherwise Barclay would have been there. :eek: I didn't watch him specifically. When did Bulaga go out?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Riley Dixon (punter) would be a guy I think we missed out on. 7th round pick for the Broncos, who picked him despite having Britton Colquitt on their team. Dixon beat out Colquitt and Colquitt is now kicking quite well for the Browns, as is Dixon for the Broncos.

So in effect we basically missed out on 2 guys at position of known and great need. IMO either would be much better then the mess we had and probably still have at Punter.

D

Deleted member 6794

Riley Dixon (punter) would be a guy I think we missed out on. 7th round pick for the Broncos, who picked him despite having Britton Colquitt on their team. Dixon beat out Colquitt and Colquitt is now kicking quite well for the Browns, as is Dixon for the Broncos.

So in effect we basically missed out on 2 guys at position of known and great need. IMO either would be much better then the mess we had and probably still have at Punter.

Well, the Packers didn't have a seventh round pick after trading it away to select Spriggs.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well, the Packers didn't have a seventh round pick after trading it away to select Spriggs.

Stop splitting hairs damnit! LOL

But.....they did have a 6th round pick (#200) that they used on Murphy. Dixon was picked #228.

I guess time will play out if one is better then the other. Right now, I would rather have Dixon.

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess time will play out if one is better then the other. Right now, I would rather have Dixon.

You could argue that right now it would be better to have Dixon than Spriggs. That could change if Bulaga can't play tomorrow though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You could argue that right now it would be better to have Dixon than Spriggs. That could change if Bulaga can't play tomorrow though.
Well I think we both are on the same page thus far with what the Packers gave up to get Spriggs and how that has all played out to this point.

But I am going to stand by what I said pre draft, the Packers should have used a late round pick on a punter. Only 3 punters were selected in the draft (Dixon, Kaser, Edwards) all 3 appear to be having success in the NFL as well being better then Schum.

D

Deleted member 6794

But I am going to stand by what I said pre draft, the Packers should have used a late round pick on a punter. Only 3 punters were selected in the draft (Dixon, Kaser, Edwards) all 3 appear to be having success in the NFL as well being better then Schum.

I was fine with the Packers not spending a late round pick on a punter this year. Taking a look at the current mess at the position I've changed my mind for the 2017 draft.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How'd that work out for him though?
Made some cash playing a boys game, very well I might add. The Niners were buzzing after his rookie season. He made a smart move and decided he would like to be able to walk and function for the rest of his life. Can't hold a mature decision against him. Not a HOF player...Don't know where that came from. Scooby Wright is a very good football player go watch his tape at Arizona. I believe 1 season he recorded 23 Tackles for loss! That speaks for itself.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a HOF player...Don't know where that came from.
That whooshing sound you hear is satire flying overhead. On this board are very many Badger fans, hence the love for Abbredaris or any other former Badger player. They make an NFL roster and they then should be in Canton. Very similar to the cult of Janis every time he catches the ball.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
On this board are very many Badger fans, hence the love for Abbredaris or any other former Badger player. They make an NFL roster and they then should be in Canton.

Raises hand, "guilty as charged officer". I liken it to watching a Packer rookie coming though the system, after 3-4 years of watching them (Badger) play every game, you kind of get attached and craft ways in your head that they may benefit the Packers, hoping to be able to continue to watch their development on Sundays. I was a huge Borland fan, but a lot of that had to do with his off the field work as much as his on the field. Keep an eye on Alex Hornibrook, 3 1/2 more years and he may be ready for the big show.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Made some cash playing a boys game, very well I might add. The Niners were buzzing after his rookie season. He made a smart move and decided he would like to be able to walk and function for the rest of his life. Can't hold a mature decision against him. Not a HOF player...Don't know where that came from. Scooby Wright is a very good football player go watch his tape at Arizona. I believe 1 season he recorded 23 Tackles for loss! That speaks for itself.

He had multiple injuries including shoulder injuries. Scooby has also already had multiple injuries. Undersized linebackers rarely play long in the NFL. The position takes a toll on your body and only a select few undersized linebackers workout and have a full career as a thumper.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Huh... I thought the big green laughing face emoticon might make it clear that it was satire. Learn something new every day.

I think most of us caught it ;) Might be helpful if they put an emoji for us to use such as this one:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts