Rookies We Missed Out On

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Packers quickly decided Spriggs wasn't the team's future left tackle by extending Bakhtiari. Thompson giving up three picks made me believe the front office at least thought about the possibility of him replacing the incumbent starter in 2017.

We still had 7 picks with the comp picks. A team that relies on D&D can afford to trade up when they have additional selections.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We still had 7 picks with the comp picks. A team that relies on D&D can afford to trade up when they have additional selections.
I agree that bringing up getting rid of picks is much ado about nothing (I should copy-write that) when you still end up with a full complement of picks. Especially when you break camp with almost 1/3 your roster as first year players. Plus most of a dozen more on the practice squad.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt Clark has performed on a decent level so far this season. I'm not lamenting about not getting any production out of Spriggs this season as it was pretty obvious he won't get significant playing time this season as long as both starting tackles stay healthy. I question the meaningfulness of trading up to draft him in the first place though.
He has a very bright future and still is 1 injury away from starting. The 2nd Rd pick is worth a capable Tackle with a very high ceiling!

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A rookie I really thought would be perfect for us at ILB was Scooby Wright from Arizona. He is quite the football player. He reminds me of Chris Borland. Nose for the ball and packs a punch for his side. I think he was drafted 6th round by Cleveland and is now on their practice squad.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another rookie we missed out on was Jeremy Cash big Safety from Duke. And he went undrafted while Carolina picked him up. Not 100% sure but I believe he even made their 53. Im willing to bet he will be a stud.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't think of his name but he was a D Tackle from Alabama. This man looked like he was 35, and played like he was 25 yet he was 22!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Appears the Packers and 30 other teams missed out (3 or 4 times) on Dak Prescott, just saying. :coffee:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If we go back a draft or so, a few here were wanting us to draft Denzel Perryman out of Miami. He looks damn good for the Chargers.

Denzel Perryman or Eric Kendricks > Demarious Randall and Quinten Rollins IMO. We could have easily store Perryman or Kenricks in the first and still had Rollins in the 2nd and Randall in the 3rd? Poor decision.

D

Deleted member 6794

Denzel Perryman or Eric Kendricks > Demarious Randall and Quinten Rollins IMO. We could have easily store Perryman or Kenricks in the first and still had Rollins in the 2nd and Randall in the 3rd? Poor decision.

It's no secret I was advocating for the Packers to draft Kendricks in the first round last year. I don't think Randall would have been available in the third round though as a team in need of a safety would for sure have picked him earlier.

RepStar15

Reaction score
This draft would have to be Tajae Sharpe or Hunter Henry. Davante Adams would have been a great trade (young guy with promising rookie season, shakey second year) just does not belong in GB. We need an athletic WR or TE. IMO we have Jordy Nelson and a squad full of slot recievers. Nelson may have the speed, but not the vertical or height. We are one of the few teams in the league I can think of that does not have a power weapon at WR or TE.
Also an honorable mention is Yanick Ngakoue (or however you spell it). He is my defensive rookie of the year so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While TT is running the draft, I doubt we will ever see an ILB taken in the first 1-3 rounds. A position of great need during the last 2 drafts and he didn't address it until the 4th round in either draft. Maybe this is fallout from TT drafting AJ Hawk with the #5 pick in his second draft?

D

Deleted member 6794

This draft would have to be Tajae Sharpe or Hunter Henry. Davante Adams would have been a great trade (young guy with promising rookie season, shakey second year) just does not belong in GB. We need an athletic WR or TE. IMO we have Jordy Nelson and a squad full of slot recievers. Nelson may have the speed, but not the vertical or height. We are one of the few teams in the league I can think of that does not have a power weapon at WR or TE.
Also an honorable mention is Yanick Ngakoue (or however you spell it). He is my defensive rookie of the year so far.

Tajae Sharp has been a disappointment as the Titans #1 receiver so far and Ngakoue would currently be a terrible choice for DROY. Adams wouldn't have yielded anything in return worth giving up the team's third best receiver for. Nelson is still a crafty receiver but has lost speed.

Overall I disagree with every single point of your post.

D

Deleted member 6794

While TT is running the draft, I doubt we will ever see an ILB taken in the first 1-3 rounds. A position of great need during the last 2 drafts and he didn't address it until the 4th round in either draft. Maybe this is fallout from TT drafting AJ Hawk with the #5 pick in his second draft?

Possibly, although Hawk was drafted as a 4-3 OLB.

RepStar15

Reaction score
It's no secret I was advocating for the Packers to draft Kendricks in the first round last year. I don't think Randall would have been available in the third round though as a team in need of a safety would for sure have picked him earlier.
P
Tajae Sharp has been a disappointment as the Titans #1 receiver so far and Ngakoue would currently be a terrible choice for DROY. Adams wouldn't have yielded anything in return worth giving up the team's third best receiver for. Nelson is still a crafty receiver but has lost speed.

I do not fully understand how you can come up with the point that Tajae Sharp has been a disappointment?

Tajae Sharpe was a 5th round pick, how can you be disappointed with his athletism through Week 6 when he is a Tennessee Titan?

D

Deleted member 6794

I do not fully understand how you can come up with the point that Tajae Sharp has been a disappointment?

Tajae Sharpe was a 5th round pick, how can you be disappointed with his athletism through Week 6 when he is a Tennessee Titan?

I have to admit that I might have been too harsh on Sharpe but catching only 18 balls on 39 targets (46.2%) for 189 yards (10.5 average) and no touchdowns aren't great numbers by any means.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A rookie I really thought would be perfect for us at ILB was Scooby Wright from Arizona. He is quite the football player. He reminds me of Chris Borland. Nose for the ball and packs a punch for his side. I think he was drafted 6th round by Cleveland and is now on their practice squad.

If you mean he reminds you of Borland by being undersized and out of the league in a year, then yes, he reminds me of Borland too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Scooby Wright was a 7th rounder and given that he is on the Browns PS, he would be available to the Packers if they felt it was a mistake not to draft him. Nothing against the Browns, but a player on their PS is probably considered very low on the NFL foodchain.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'll be the first to admit, I was kind of upset by the Clark pick, but he's playing extremely well and is a playing way better than Robinson.

Clark has performed on a decent level but the Cowboys game proved that the entire defensive line is a work in progress.