1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rookie Training Camp Love

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packersfan152, Jul 29, 2016.

?

out of these players, who are you most excited to see in the preseason?

1. Anderson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spriggs

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Kuder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Davis

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Other

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. packersfan152

packersfan152 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I have been watching updates from the practices and there are some players that really excited me.

Dimitri Anderson, DT out of UCF seems to be having a really strong training camp so far, he could add some quality depth in the front 7.

Spriggs looks like he is doing a very good job playing LT in pads. Has the ability to bend and get his feet underneath him after a kick back step.

Tyler Kuder, another big bodied DT/DE that would add some quality depth to our front 7.

And of course--
    Trevor Davis. This dude can FLY. he has some great top end speed and might be able to contribute on ST at first with a quality sub late in the game when the defense is gassed and he is fresh.

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    I'm looking forward to seeing Kenny Clark and Blake Martinez as those two guys will most likely end up with the most amount of playing time in the regular season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Stoft63

Stoft63 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trevor Davis. Kid is takented

4. Caya

Caya Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He is tanketed!!

5. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    That was me on most weekends during college

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I think I had too many of those nights in college that I had a concentration in "tanketed."

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269
    I'm actually more interested in last year's rookie crop - I want to see who makes that second year leap, and who has the dreaded sophomore slump. Important year for the R's - Randall, Rollins, Ryan & Ripkowski.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Rollins seems to have taken the leap, Randall has been up and down. Apparently Ryan has looked solid. Ripkowski, no idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
  10. GBkrzygrl

GBkrzygrl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I watched a little of the Family Night practice. I had trouble finding Clark when he practiced but thought that Martinez played hard and played well. Saw him in the back field at least once.

11. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +325
    - I expect Clark to be a contributor immediately, even if only 10-15 snaps/game to rest others.
    - I'm looking forward to Martinez & Mortell having good camps and shoring-up weak spots THIS year.
    - I'm excited about Spriggs, Fackrell, P. Lucas or Rotheram & Crockett (2nd yr. guys) showing enough promise to fill holes from departed FA's in '17.

2nd & 3rd preseason games should show which guys are players and who's just filling an August roster spot.

12. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    Mortell has already shanked way too many punts during the first week of camp to have a realistic chance to beat out Masthay to make the roster.

13. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +325
    I'm hoping that game film makes this more of a competition. Masthay looks fantastic in practices but has his struggles when it counts. Maybe just having competition will turn-around Masthay?

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    I for sure don't want the Packers to replace Masthay with another punter who has a tendency to shank kicks.

15. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    This makes me smile. I can't help but grin when I read anything about this secondary, I need to temper expectations because they can't possibly live up to how I'm envisioning them this season. I think no matter what; they're going to have a strong group out there in most situations. Sam/Rollins outside and Randall in the slot, I mean it's just rolls off the tongue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Clark looks good in one on one drills but he seems to struggle against double teams. Then again having Sitton and Linsley on you is a tough tough assignment.

17. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +325
    As this was a practice in front of 66K+ fans I'm pretty sure the linemen were told to "go 67% and make it look good, but NO INJURIES". Clark will have plenty of snaps to beat-up opposing OL's over the next 5 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Packers907

Packers907 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Martinez looked to be making good reads on Family Night, drops back in coverage well and can sniff out the run pretty well. Didn't get to see much of Clark. Fackrell was said to have a good amount of work to do. Davis had a good night, I see him working hard and making a case for his spot. Sitton seemed to fit well on OL.

19. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Martinez is the guy I want to see do well. Hes the one guy we need to see do well due to the position he plays. I'm hoping he has a Chris Borland type of impact.

20. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    Linsley is still on the PUP list though and hasn't practiced in camp so far. I guess you meant to talk about Tretter.

21. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +511
    Although it's maybe not as exciting to monitor in the short term as a guy like Davis... We traded 2 draft picks in order to move up just 10 spots and snatch Jason Spriggs at beginning of the 2nd day of draft. That speaks loudly as to his potential because its very rare for ol' Ted to gamble like that. I believe we had our eye on Spriggs before Raji bowed out and would've picked him bottom of the 1st day but our hand was forced to go DT.
    This guy will be intriguing to watch both in pass protection and setting up run blocks early in his career..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  22. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +661
    Hopefully, for more than one year. :)

23. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    After hearing his interview I'm very hopeful for this guy..

He wants to do well and is studying his *** off

24. G0P4ckG0

G0P4ckG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Not all rookies, but....Hundley, Crockett, Clark, Davis, and Randall.

25. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    While that is true for the early part of Thompson's tenure with the Packers, beginning with the 2009 draft he has traded up seven times while down only on six occasions.