Rookie Numbers

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let's set aside this silly Aaron Rodgers discussion and talk about what actually matters:

The potential for awesome or horrible aesthetics depending on the numbers chosen by or for our rookie class.

Eric Stokes, CB, #21: Tooooooo fresh to fail; 10/10

Josh Myers, OC, #71: Carrying over from college... I understand. But a center in the 70's is just a little odd. It's good that he's a big-framed center. Won't look as weird; 4/10

Amari Rodgers, WR, #8: New school number for a new dynamic in the offense! That is CLEAN!!! 11/10

Royce Newman, OL, #70: A respectable number for a guy who is somewhere between being a guard and tackle. We don't know where he belongs; the number doesn't really know either. 7/10

Tedarrell Slaton, iDL, #93: This is a travesty. You got yourself a big ol' hoss who played as heavy as the 360's and you DON'T give him 98 or 99? Not even something in the 70's like they sometimes do with nose tackles??? What are we even doing here?? 2/10

Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, #22:
You typically see them give slot corners those wonky DB numbers, like 36 or 41, but not my boy Shemar! 22 is nice. 8/10

Cole Van Lanen, OL, #78:
Look at a picture of Cole and look at his face and tell me he's not born to play with a jersey in the 60's. #78?! What is he, the backup tackle of the freaking Cardinals? Put some respect on the man's name! 2/10

Isaiah McDuffie, LB, #58:
58 is a number for a big, burly MIKE who eats guard blocks for breakfast. Darting, slashing, lighter linebackers should not wear it. Disapprove. 3/10

Kylin Hill, RB, #32:
Finally some sanity to round out the list. I dig a number in the 30's for a squatty, burly runner. May he bear the number to as much glory as his predecessor, the great Devante Mays. 7/10

Please agree with me or otherwise explain how you're wrong about the way you feel about these numbers.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stokes isn't the guy to have #21, but hey Jaire has the MJ/Lebron number and he'd be the only one I would think is deserving rn

Amari Rodgers with the #8...... ABSOLUTELY

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Stokes isn't the guy to have #21, but hey Jaire has the MJ/Lebron number and he'd be the only one I would think is deserving rn

Amari Rodgers with the #8...... ABSOLUTELY

Jaire's excellence is helping counterbalance the fact that #23 is being sullied by Lebron flopping and faking all over the court like a little girl.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaire's excellence is helping counterbalance the fact that #23 is being sullied by Lebron flopping and faking all over the court like a little girl.

I won't have you denigrate a top 2 player of all time like that. Show respect for the King bucko ;)

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I won't have you denigrate a top 2 player of all time like that. Show respect for the King bucko ;)

Just as soon as he shows a tiny bit of respect for the country and culture that has made him a millionaire hundreds of times over for being good at putting a ball through a ring, I will be up for it!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Royce Newman should have gotten #69 and we all know it...his mullet pictures and just picture a stache with it...

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\

Tedarrell Slaton, iDL, #93: This is a travesty. You got yourself a big ol' hoss who played as heavy as the 360's and you DON'T give him 98 or 99? Not even something in the 70's like they sometimes do with nose tackles??? What are we even doing here?? 2/10

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Your argument is invalid.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Your argument is invalid.

So your argument is that someone else also wore the wrong number?

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just as soon as he shows a tiny bit of respect for the country and culture that has made him a millionaire hundreds of times over for being good at putting a ball through a ring, I will be up for it!

I'm confused.. since when did he denigrate the country? If I'm not mistaken he is literally the epitome of the American dream for a black man (like myself) who took advantage of all the gifts God gave him, worked EXTREMELY hard for it, came from a drug addicted household with no father figure, never got in trouble, married his high school sweetheart, is a loving involved father with all his kids, and gives back to his community in ways that you or I could never do.

Dude is literally the epitome of what every black man in America should strive to be, and what a certain demographic POLITICALLY wants a black man to be yet he is criticized quite openly.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm confused.. since when did he denigrate the country? If I'm not mistaken he is literally the epitome of the American dream for a black man (like myself) who took advantage of all the gifts God gave him, worked EXTREMELY hard for it, came from a drug addicted household with no father figure, never got in trouble, married his high school sweetheart, is a loving involved father with all his kids, and gives back to his community in ways that you or I could never do.

Dude is literally the epitome of what every black man in America should strive to be, and what a certain demographic POLITICALLY wants a black man to be yet he is criticized quite openly.

We don't need to make this thread about that. Suffice it to say, I don't disrespect his work ethic, just the way he uses his platform. DM me if you want to discuss further.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need to make this thread about that. Suffice it to say, I don't disrespect his work ethic, just the way he uses his platform. DM me if you want to discuss further.

I already know your ilk and your views so in the end it would be pointless to DM you. You've made up your mind about a guy who gives back to the community because he's not on your "team"

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I already know your ilk and your views so in the end it would be pointless to DM you. You've made up your mind about a guy who gives back to the community because he's not on your "team"

Like I say, I don't want the thread to turn into that.

DM me and I will listen to what you have to say.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But it was okay for you to put your opinion in the thread. Not the first time either. Stick to football and the Packers and you are a wonderful and insightful poster.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
But it was okay for you to put your opinion in the thread. Not the first time either. Stick to football and the Packers and you are a wonderful and insightful poster.

I’m actually the one who started it. Sometimes I can’t help myself. But I also didn’t anticipate it going this direction. So I’m trying to back up and save the thread. Not chastising @jhawk008.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My comment was meant for you Dantes. Appreciate you owning it and saving the thread.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Newman should represent #70 well, just like TJ Lang, is he a G or a OT... TJ flipped around a few times. Gotta like versatility.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
So did Dexter Williams get released? Shamar got his #22. He was still listed on the roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

So did Dexter Williams get released? Shamar got his #22. He was still listed on the roster.

Dexter Williams is still on the roster but with him being a longshot to make the 53 it seems the Packers decided to give his number to Jean-Charles. I hope they informed Rodgers before making the decision though.

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, for someone as fast and slick as Stokes is, I say drop the 2 and just give him the #1. Would suit him better. Also, I'm pretty sure that no #1 in the history of football has ended up being a bust.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts