1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Rookie Cap Money

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    This is probably stupid and insignificant to everyone. I was wondering if we have say $4.97 million in rookie cap space allotted and we only use say $4.43 million, what happens to that remaining $540,000?

Knowing what I know about Andrew Brandt I'm willing to bet he figured out how to spend every nickel possible and that is another reason the 1st round picks are usually last, but what if we didn't use it all? What happens to it?

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    It is just more open cap money within the pool. The rookie pool is part of the overall cap, so any money saved within it is money that can be used as desired. The rookie cap is meant not only to keep rookie salaries from escalating, but to keep the salaries uniform in basic structure. Hence so some team with 15 million in cap space doesn't frontload the rookie salaries making it difficult for other team to get their rookies signed.

The last thing the NFL wants is new talent off the field cause of a salary dispute.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    If it's meant to keep rookie salaries from escalating its not working. Every year rookies get millions more and more...

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22