1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Roman hurt

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by net, Jun 6, 2005.

1. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
  2. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this isn't serious. Defence is not the side of the ball we can afford to lose players.
    I was hoping he would double his sack total from last year.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry about my new thread started on the same subject. Noticed this one only after I posted. I guess that's why I'm a "ROOKIE". My apology :oops: :oops:

4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Mark Roman was the whipping boy of the defense, one bust of a free agent signing, and now people are dissapointed to see him hurt.

I'll be glad if opening day our two starting safeties aren't what they wre in '04...Sharper was overrated i've said it all along, and Roman was a dissapointment...granted i didn't want to see roman hurt, just benched...Earl Little, Arturo Freeman, Nick Collins, Marviel Underwood, plenty of options at the safety position

5. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    My take on Roman's "bust" was Slowik couldn't figure out what he should be doing. Early on he looked aggressive, then became more passive as the season wore on.

I think he has some games left, but he has to show what he has early or it's exit stage left.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    thats a good point...it would be unfair to any player to judge them by the year they had under bob slowik

7. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to see anyone hurt, but I just don't think Roman is the answer. To me he's just a stopgap until one of the younger guys deveops, kind of like hawthorne last year at DB.

If Marvin Lewis with the Bengals didn't want him, I don't see why Bates would.

Roman was second on the team in missed tackles.

"He cant cover and he wont tackle, one scout said about Roman shortly after the Eagles game. Just awful. "

He has made no interceptions. He has forced no fumbles. He has recovered no fumbles. And only had 2 passes defensed all year.

In the first eight games, Roman allowed 3 1/2 plays of 20 yards or more and just 1/2 touchdown pass. However, in the last seven games, he has allowed 5 1/2 plays of 20 yards or more and four touchdown passes.

The total of nine plays of 20 yards or more allowed by both Roman and free safety Darren Sharper are the most allowed by a Packers safety in a full season (counting playoff games) since 1999.

8. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah it just doesn't seem right to fault Slowick for Roman's mistakes. a talented player could excel under a Campo defense. throw in the fact that the entire defensive scheme is new and everybody is starting on page 1...aside from chemistry with fellow teammates, a player returning from last year doesn't neccesarily mean much at all as far as the playbook is concerned. i just don't think he will be missed.

that being said, any injury on the roster is a negative. that goes without saying.

9. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roman has cap issues (524K) of bonus money against the cap that if cut would be 262K in 05 and 06 cap hits.

10. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    can't really cut injured players anyway. or would it be ok since the injury was negligent on his part and not football related?

11. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4