1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers Wants Packers To Bury The Hatchet With Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by realcaliforniacheese, Feb 5, 2013.

1. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So what team comes to mind when I say the name "Jerry Rice" or "Joe Montana?"

How about the name "Emmitt Smith?"

2. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,269
    Yeah but Jerry Rice, Joe Montana or Emmitt Smith never wore Green and gold. I kinda feel the same way about Favre. Those three never disrespected thier former employers. I have to agree with Max on this one.

3. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Yeah you tend to foget things like that Monday night game after his father died. The man stands up in front of his teammates and says "I've got your back". That was an incredible night.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I think (and have always thought) comparing Brett to any other situation isn't valid

People have said Lombardi and the Skins, or Young and Joe..

As someone just said those guys never held a 2 hour press conference explaining why the pack hurt their feelings

After all, Brett's feelings were hurt

5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    "Rodgers wants to bury the hatchet in Favre" is how I first read the name of this thread. That's what I get for being online when I'm tired. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Maybe the 1st year:D

7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    Never been one for "hero worship". Have never owned a jersey with a player's name and number on the back...so...I've never had this sincere passion for or against one player or another. I don't despise the Vikings as some of the younger fans do. I have a severe dislike for the Bears' fans ... not so much the organization...so how do I explain my feelings on this issue since I seem to be a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. ;)

All I have to say is that two are true -

1). It was good, from my vantage point, to see those two together, and,
    2). One day, both of those guys will be in the Packers Hall, the NFL Hall and Lambeau's Ring of Honor.

Beyond that, I don't care to get into the re-occuring hair pulling and purse swinging on the Favre issue. The whole problem is brought on by fans themselves because they elevate these guys to a status that they really don't deserve ... I say this from my vantage point on Olympus, where I throw lightning bolts to my loyal worshippers. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    just had my first ever yard sale / garage sale this past weekend. I had my #4 jersey hanging up for sale and had "make me an offer" sign on it. I had 3 guys get into a bidding war over it...lol...that was sweet. I ended up making $155 bucks on that jersey. It was an NFL authentic, but I had to let it go for that price, plus #4 is still on my sh!t list so I could care less.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,269
    wish I`d known. I`m looking for some new rags to wash my car D`oh ! :rolleyes:

10. razorbackdave

razorbackdave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Once again Aaron Rodgers shows he is a class act. He is in a position to have more knowledge about the situation than any of us and he has chosen the high road. That guy is a winner on the field and off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    Life is too short to get chapped over what color plastic helmet a guy wore a few years ago.

If the good times outnumbered the bad then it's water under the bridge and all of that stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TimthePackerFan

TimthePackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I wasn't happy with him going to the Vikings but the way it ended made me very happy he did. My problem is with him advertising the wrangle open front denims.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,269
    It seemed a different "Helmet" got him despised. Especially in New York.

14. razorbackdave

razorbackdave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Jeeeeze Louise.......... No Kidding :O

15. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,501
    It was a good performance, and not to take away from it, but the media missed the real story behind that game. It wasnt so much Favre having his teammates back as his receivers having his. I saw more incredible catches in that game than I've ever seen. Favre was throwing it up into double coverage and guys like Walker, Ferguson, pedestrian receivers took their game to a level that was hard to believe and just going up and stealing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I remember the receivers saying that before the game they all got together and said "whatever he throws, we catch".

• Like Like x 1
  17. TimthePackerFan

TimthePackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    If they would have had that mentality to begin with, they might have stayed with the Packers and Favre may have gone to another Super Bowl.