Rodgers Wants Packers To Bury The Hatchet With Favre

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I

Interesting article but it might just **** off too many of us just yet. It was a magnanimous gesture by Aaron, but as somebody said on an earlier forum, the players do not have the same love for the organisation as the fans, and it shouldn`t happen too soon for a lot of us.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Almost expected the OP to say something to the effect of "right in his skull"

I've been over it for a little while, give it another year or 2 for the guys who really felt betrayed.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting article but it might just **** off too many of us just yet. It was a magnanimous gesture by Aaron, but as somebody said on an earlier forum, the players do not have the same love for the organisation as the fans, and it shouldn`t happen too soon for a lot of us.

Too soon , would be maybe a year or two. Since it's been five years.. I think at this point your either going to get over it or your never going to. There is no stuck in the middle at this point. You either move or you don't.

I

Too soon , would be maybe a year or two. Since it's been five years.. I think at this point your either going to get over it or your never going to. There is no stuck in the middle at this point. You either move or you don't.
A fair point, so I guess I`ll have to say I`m in the latter. :whistling:

I

Almost expected the OP to say something to the effect of "right in his skull"

I've been over it for a little while, give it another year or 2 for the guys who really felt betrayed.
I still haven`t forgiven my wife for dropping my favorite jar of whisky marmalade, and I actually love her. Mr Favre doesn`t stand a chance with me.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he will ever be marketable again in wisc?
On a national level yes. On a state level, probably not. Though I haven't been back home in WI for 4 years now, so I couldn't really say what the pulse of the state is with regards to Mr. Favre.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted my feelings in the "Guess Who is Reuniting" thread, but maybe this will help:

You hear on the TV/Radio/Internet that Favre dies in a sudden car crash. What do you want your last thought of him to be? Remembering Super Bowl XXXI, TD pass # 421, the MNF game @ Oakland? Or him wearing purple? I would like to remember all the good times and forget about the bad. He just an awesome moment with Aaron Rodgers on stage, and I hope for more in the future!

M

mayo44

On a national level yes. On a state level, probably not. Though I haven't been back home in WI for 4 years now, so I couldn't really say what the pulse of the state is with regards to Mr. Favre.

When I was up there 3 months ago, I saw plenty of Favre jerseys around town.

I think it's kind of like this. A lot of people are wanting to forgive and forget, but they just can't do it yet. Remember, in the story of the prodigal son, the father didn't go searching for the son. The son came back home and begged to be allowed back as a servant. It was then that the father welcomed him back with open arms and restored him to his place in the family.

I think once Brett makes some kind of genuine gesture showing that the Packers still mean something to him, many reluctant fans will remember how much he once meant to them and finally welcome him back. For a few, the awards appearance with Rodgers was enough. For others, it will take more. I'm going to say a gracious acceptance speech for his Packer HOF or NFL HOF induction will be what it takes for most. Then there are those few who will harbor bitterness and hatred no matter what. I don't consider those type of people to be worth worrying about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.czabe.com/

Poll on if you are ready to allow him to return

If the vote were taken right NOW, would you vote to allow Brett Favre to make an open-arms return to Packer Nation?
Yes. Long overdue, too. 32%
Maybe. I want to see some sort of contrition, first. 38%
No. Go back to your tractor, ingrate. 30%
Total votes: 1972

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If the vote were taken right NOW, would you vote to allow Brett Favre to make an open-arms return to Packer Nation?
Wow, that is crazy down the middle.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Back to the tractor was the most appealing option.

If we have a Favre ceremony at Lambeau I'm going out and buying a pair of crocs to wear.

I

Back to the tractor was the most appealing option.

If we have a Favre ceremony at Lambeau I'm going out and buying a pair of crocs to wear.
Be careful he hasn`t got your cellphone number, you wouldn`t want any surprise photos

I

Seriously, I think there would HAVE to be some serious bridge building by Mr Favre first. He has not endeared himself even to some of the Favre supporters themselves. Certainly the ones I`ve spoken to anyway.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my mind he made his choice; he is a Viking. I was never one of his biggest fans and cringed whenever we were in a tight situation with him. Early on (in my opinion) he got very lucky a lot of times and we came out on top. Once Holmgren left, he was often exciting to watch but almost as unreliable as our current kicker. More likely to make the big mistake than the big play. Just couldn't care less about the guy, he's a Viking.

Members online

No members online now.