Rodgers says the Giants cheated

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They won the game. We lost it. Don't start with being cheated. We're classier than that.
Correct, It isn't classy for Rodgers to bring up cheating. I'm upset because we played a lousy game and I'm mad as hell the Giants are playing instead of us. I don't think you understood my drift.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
He hates them. You can tell. He is so bitter about the Giants. He praised Brady a lot tonight but when it came down to a game prediction he was like "Well the Giants have something special this year."

He hates them. Which should make for a nice rivalry for the future. Keep in mind, Aaron is 3 years younger then Eli but at least it's closer then the age between him and Brees.

I also DON'T want the Packers to start against the Giants week 1.Let the Giants open with the Cowchickens or Eagles.

Aaron can say what he wants though. He has looked gorgeous the last two nights. He is forgiven.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Don't blame it on anyone but ourselves.

Stop making excuses. Weeks after this game I still hear "it wasn't our defenses fault, let's nit pick and blame it on this" let me say it like Jim Mora would "We just got our ***** kicked...That's all it is to it, we got our ***** kicked, that was a disgrace on both sides of that ball, that performance SUCKED."

Our offense was getting smothered by the pass rush, and our defense, oh wait...defense? They did NOTHING when the offense was trailing, but give up points. Also to add insult to injury, we had the refs make a bad ruling on the Jennings fumble, which all that did was make the bleeding slow down a bit. I'm tired of excuses. Our defense was ranked 32nd overall, and guess what? NE did not win the Super Bowl tonight, so you can't say "But the Patriots defense....".

Rodgers is ONE MAN. He can't do it all. Favre, was ONE MAN he also couldn't do it all.

it's a million times easier when an elite offense has a top defense or something similar that knows what their doing and will help when the offense is struggling.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hates them. You can tell. He is so bitter about the Giants. He praised Brady a lot tonight but when it came down to a game prediction he was like "Well the Giants have something special this year."

He hates them. Which should make for a nice rivalry for the future. Keep in mind, Aaron is 3 years younger then Eli but at least it's closer then the age between him and Brees.

I also DON'T want the Packers to start against the Giants week 1.Let the Giants open with the Cowchickens or Eagles.

Aaron can say what he wants though. He has looked gorgeous the last two nights. He is forgiven.

my wife likes rodgers too.......said he looked great in the suit last nite

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Stop making excuses. Weeks after this game I still hear "it wasn't our defenses fault, let's nit pick and blame it on this" let me say it like Jim Mora would "We just got our ***** kicked...That's all it is to it, we got our ***** kicked, that was a disgrace on both sides of that ball, that performance SUCKED."

Our offense was getting smothered by the pass rush, and our defense, oh wait...defense? They did NOTHING when the offense was trailing, but give up points. Also to add insult to injury, we had the refs make a bad ruling on the Jennings fumble, which all that did was make the bleeding slow down a bit. I'm tired of excuses. Our defense was ranked 32nd overall, and guess what? NE did not win the Super Bowl tonight, so you can't say "But the Patriots defense....".

Rodgers is ONE MAN. He can't do it all. Favre, was ONE MAN he also couldn't do it all.

it's a million times easier when an elite offense has a top defense or something similar that knows what their doing and will help when the offense is struggling.
Agreed.
Both left their A-game on the side of the road outside Lambeau where it froze to death that night.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the death of coach Philbin's son and the coach being there had the devastating effect that got into the Packers heads.
But I don't think the Packers want to bring that up as an excuse out of respect to Coach Philbin and his family.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I fail to see how that correlates with cheating. Faking injuries to stop a 2 minute drive is not against the rules, but it's a total ***** move

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Later in the show, Rodgers picked the Giants to win and predicted Victor Cruz will take home the game MVP tonight."

Really did Rodgers really think that Punk Eli would not get the MVP??

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I still think the death of coach Philbin's son and the coach being there had the devastating effect that got into the Packers heads.
But I don't think the Packers want to bring that up as an excuse out of respect to Coach Philbin and his family.

Look on the bright side. Sooooo many Colts fans compare the 2005 Colts to the 2011 Packers. It was so eery. And the team who beat them ended up winning it all in the end in the Steelers

Now if history repeats itself then the Packers will win it all next year as the third seed. They will fall a bit for a while near the end of the year to make everyone panic as they lose to inferior teams but regroup in time for the WC round. Nick Collins is the key to make this happen if he is back. He is the new Bob Sanders?

Yep, gonna roll with this one.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers in the article never says "They Cheated" so he is probably in your camp, though the author of the article probably used "Cheated" to get an audience.

I fail to see how that correlates with cheating. Faking injuries to stop a 2 minute drive is not against the rules, but it's a total ***** move

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah I don't think anyone can look at that game and say that the Packers did not screw themselves. Rodger's is bitter about the loss and can you blame him, Ill bet majority of Packer Fans wanted the Giants to lose tonight. All I hope is that the Packer's Coaching staff seriously takes a look at the flaws that led to such a loss and not stick their head in the sand because of a 15-1 season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think anyone can look at that game and say that the Packers did not screw themselves. Rodger's is bitter about the loss and can you blame him, Ill bet majority of Packer Fans wanted the Giants to lose tonight. All I hope is that the Packer's Coaching staff seriously takes a look at the flaws that led to such a loss and not stick their head in the sand because of a 15-1 season.

Sadly I just can't force myself to root for the Pats....that's like pulling for Dallas or Pittsburgh, they got one of the ultimate band wagons.

With that said, I did pull for the 49ers hard against the Giants, but see Brady and company lose the Super Bowl with the refs ******** them the exact same way the refs have screwed teams over and over that have played NE in the last 10 years,on the anniversary year of the Tuck Rule, was just priceless.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly I just can't force myself to root for the Pats....that's like pulling for Dallas or Pittsburgh, they got one of the ultimate band wagons.

With that said, I did pull for the 49ers hard against the Giants, but see Brady and company lose the Super Bowl with the refs ******** them the exact same way the refs have screwed teams over and over that have played NE in the last 10 years,on the anniversary year of the Tuck Rule, was just priceless.

Yeah I felt the same. I was rooting for the 9ers all the way against the Giants and I thought they played the better game minus the 2 fumbles.

Pats losing? Meh. Cant' say I'm sad. Giants winning? Have to put up with a year's worth of bluster, but that's what happens when you win the SB. Everybody else has to put up with you.

We'll hear plenty of "Eli is better, more clutch than Rodgers" the whole year, just you wait.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I felt the same. I was rooting for the 9ers all the way against the Giants and I thought they played the better game minus the 2 fumbles.

Pats losing? Meh. Cant' say I'm sad. Giants winning? Have to put up with a year's worth of bluster, but that's what happens when you win the SB. Everybody else has to put up with you.

We'll hear plenty of "Eli is better, more clutch than Rodgers" the whole year, just you wait.
Maybe even starting here?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

and what we won't be hearing is this cold hard fact:

"It sure is nice when all the other teams in your division suck so bad, they can't win 10 games, so that means a 9-7 team CAN win the Super Bowl"

They beat a 31st ranked defense in the Super Bowl, yeah greatest team ever.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's how I look at it:

Has Aaron Rodgers ever raced his team to the line after a big play because he thought there was a chance that it could be overturned if the referees had a chance to review it?

I can't think of any quarterback at any level who doesn't do that.

So whether one refers to it as gamesmanship or cheating, I really don't have any sympathy for the offenses who get screwed because defenses supposedly fake injuries.

Besides, that had nothing to do with the butterfingers, poor defense, shoddy blocking, poor throws from Rodgers and questionable decisions from Mike McCarthy.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said gamesmanship, not cheating, and he's not wrong. And his commentary on the matter was to point out it's a tactic they use to slow down a no-huddle. It's based on the fact the Giants went FIFA on the field during one game in one of the *****ier moves I've ever seen from an NFL team.

Anyway, not really much more to read into it. He didn't call them cheaters, but merely pointed out what I believe many would agree is a cheap tactic by them to slow the game down.

Members online

Latest posts