Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Reaction score
I actually enjoy listening to Jennings and his football knowledge is good. However, his playing the victim with Rodgers story is such old news that it has gotten cringe worthy.
Jennings is another example of a WR that had his game elevated by a HOF QB. Once that was taken away he was proven to be merely mortal.
Gregs’ best seasons were with the very QB he should be thanking and instead he has still not figured out how foolish he appears. Disparaging others (past a reasonable initial frustration) is far more hurtful for the one dishing it out.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is another example of a WR that had his game elevated by a HOF QB. Once that was taken away he was proven to be merely mortal.
What I remember. Jennings came from a small college and was a very good to xlnt player for us who was instrumental in the Pittsburgh Super Bowl win. He had a lot of talent and a really friendly personality. Do circumstances affect outcome? Duh.

Reaction score
What I remember. Jennings came from a small college and was a very good to xlnt player for us who was instrumental in the Pittsburgh Super Bowl win. He had a lot of talent and a really friendly personality. Do circumstances affect outcome? Duh.
I lost you there. What does that have to do with repeatedly badmouthing the guy that elevated his game for some perceived personal gain?
With friends like that? you don’t need enemies.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually enjoy listening to Jennings and his football knowledge is good. However, his playing the victim with Rodgers story is such old news that it has gotten cringe worthy.
Probably, but to expect people not to ask him about it is kind of like Paul McCartney being interviewed and not expecting any questions about the Beatles.

And I will say again, I've heard Jennings talk about Rodgers a LOT, and I wouldn't exactly say he badmouths him. He's said plenty to praise him, and often, and repeatedly. But as I said, no one pays any attention to that.

I'm a big fan of Rodgers, but I don't for one second doubt that he might not be easy to deal with. We saw that this past offseason. Why shy away from the whole picture? Jennings paints the whole picture. It's like Favre, I liked Favre, but there was no question there was some diva in him, especially toward the end. I don't think many people are pampered athletes and don't let it affect them any, and that goes for Favre, Rodgers, and Jennings.

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Rodgers, but I don't for one second doubt that he might not be easy to deal with. We saw that this past offseason. Why shy away from the whole picture? Jennings paints the whole picture
Aaron Rodgers isn’t the first person to play NFL football that also has flaws or is hard to deal with, yet players are not turning on one another league wide on camera.

Aaron Rodgers sells and Greg Jennings gets paid to sell him. This business about Jennings being “nice” to Aaron is a joke. Jennings plays makeup to get close to Aaron to sell more dirt on him. He does not know when to stop Ive seen this before and “juicy story or not” I lack respect for people with that lack of discernment and tendency to self promote while using others flaws to do it.
He thinks Aaron has flaws?
It’s not a good look for Greg.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Like I said, Jennings is a decent football guy, but IMO his Rodgers story is old and worn out, let it go and make a name for yourself in a better way.

Reminds me of Jen Sterger and the Favre incident. Old news, move on.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings hasn't really been Rodgers friend for years. Their friendship was based around football and playing for the Packers. That bond is gone. So is the friendship. Even the friendship between Rodgers and Jordy will disappear.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost you there. What does that have to do with repeatedly badmouthing the guy that elevated his game for some perceived personal gain?
With friends like that? you don’t need enemies.
It has nothing to do with it. And I don't even know what he says because I am usually not into the soap opera aspect of the game. Because you now dislike Jennings; you made it sound like he was not really an exceptional player but was really only good because he played with Rodgers. So what you did was attack Jennings' abilities because you don't like the man anymore. I took exception to that.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He thinks Aaron has flaws?
It’s not a good look for Greg.
Everyone has flaws, everyone who is human does. I think Jennings' point isn't so much that Rodgers is flawed, I think it's more that he felt slighted by him, and wanted his quarterback to fight for him more, instead of seemingly (from his perspective) helping to push him out the door. Personally, I think Rodgers' remark was most likely just a joke, but in hindsight it was a hurtful one.

Sure, Jennings probably should have let it go by now, but nobody's perfect. I like Rodgers and I like Jennings. I'm sure they both have their flaws, but I don't really care what they do off the field.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peep the latest quote from Rodgers:

"The grass is greener where you water it," Rodgers responded. "I really believe that. And you know, that's an adage to dissuade people from going out and taking risk and chances, and you know, I think that where you spend your time and energy and what you choose to water will always be the greenest part of your life. I decided when I came back that I was going to be all in with the team and all in to see things move forward to a better place. And that's what the conversations were about, you know, during the offseason, was about being a part of those conversations that impact my ability to do my job. And I, you know, from one of the first days, Brian [Gutekunst] and I sat it down and got on the same page and it's been a really nice Fall and Winter. I appreciate his approach, how it's been, and it's been very meaningful to me. So I'm thankful for that relationship, where it's at at this point, and that's made my life that much more enjoyable. So I gotta give Brian a lot of credit for meeting me in the middle."

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings hasn't really been Rodgers friend for years. Their friendship was based around football and playing for the Packers. That bond is gone. So is the friendship. Even the friendship between Rodgers and Jordy will disappear.

Not like with Jennings tho...clearly Rodgers holds grudges and Jennings behaved in a way that Rodgers believes warrants a grudge being held

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has remained good friends with James Jones even though they haven't played together since 2015.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has remained good friends with James Jones even though they haven't played together since 2015.
Okay. Friends. That doesn't mean close confidants. I think that's a different thing. What you call close, and I call close, may well be two different things. I doubt very much if Rodgers confides in Jones on matters like he's going through, other than on the surface.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. Friends. That doesn't mean close confidants. I think that's a different thing. What you call close, and I call close, may well be two different things. I doubt very much if Rodgers confides in Jones on matters like he's going through, other than on the surface.
I would respectfully disagree with you on that one. Rodgers and Jones are very close. He confined in Jones quite a bit with all the drama last summer which is why a lot of networks wanted Jones to come on, to see what he would say. And Rodgers specifically chose Jones as the media person who would break the news of his contract signing a few years ago. My impression is that Jones, Cobb, Nelson, Crosby, and Bakh are some of Rodgers' closest friends.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would respectfully disagree with you on that one. Rodgers and Jones are very close. He confined in Jones quite a bit with all the drama last summer which is why a lot of networks wanted Jones to come on, to see what he would say. And Rodgers specifically chose Jones as the media person who would break the news of his contract signing a few years ago. My impression is that Jones, Cobb, Nelson, Crosby, and Bakh are some of Rodgers' closest friends.
I'm certainly not going to disagree with you, because I don't know for sure how close they are. I guess we're going to find out as time goes on.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Aj for sure and big trust exists there cuz of the fact Hawk is constantly on the McaFee show and doesn’t ever spill the beans to anything even though he very well could have
I get the impression that Rodgers and Pat M are close too. I actually enjoy watching their show and during the Rodgers segments, he seems about as relaxed as you ever see him and speaks pretty candidly. The Scotch might be helping with that. I do think Rodgers has to be one of the most cognitive guys to ever play the game, it shows on and off the field. Which is a good trait, but also one that can frustrate many.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well this is potentially good news from Aaron's friend John Kuhn.

When asked about the relationship between Rodgers & Brian Gutekunst.

"It's become a mutual friendship between the two. It's very clear they have a friendship now." - @kuhnj30

"I just don't see a situation where Aaron Rodgers actually leaves Green Bay."

In that interview, Kuhn referenced a recent quote from Rodgers on the topic of the quarterback’s future: “The grass is greener where you water it.”

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this is potentially good news from Aaron's friend John Kuhn.

When asked about the relationship between Rodgers & Brian Gutekunst.

"It's become a mutual friendship between the two. It's very clear they have a friendship now." - @kuhnj30

"I just don't see a situation where Aaron Rodgers actually leaves Green Bay."

In that interview, Kuhn referenced a recent quote from Rodgers on the topic of the quarterback’s future: “The grass is greener where you water it.”

Definite good news...kuhn would not say that publicly without the blessing of Aaron Rodgers

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Definite good news...kuhn would not say that publicly without the blessing of Aaron Rodgers
Kuhn being a radio guy now, has some skin in the game beyond his friendship with Rodgers. Doesn't guarantee anything, but if I had to trust an opinion about what Rodgers is thinking, Kuhn would be high on the list.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that Rodgers stays. Take that for whatever it's worth.

I've gone through all that "If we don't have Rodgers salary, we can afford a really good rest of the team" phase, and pretty much gotten over it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn being a radio guy now, has some skin in the game beyond his friendship with Rodgers. Doesn't guarantee anything, but if I had to trust an opinion about what Rodgers is thinking, Kuhn would be high on the list.
His opinion may be more valid than some due to his friendship with AR but I still think it is just that, his opinion. I don't think he has any inside information from AR himself.

I don't think AR needs to give his blessing for JK to express his opinion. Its not like he presented it as breaking news.

Its certainly better than him saying his gut is telling him Rodgers is gone after this year but I'm not going to ring any bells over it.

Unfortunately, when one uses all the water on the grass, the garden withers. :)
I don't know if that is really funny or really profound.

Members online

Latest posts