Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Get out of here. You enjoyed the hail marys, the Super Bowl, and more. Shameful words from you. Give back that joy you had.
your the mod to make him “get out of here”????

i should be informed and consulted.. i been here (ironically) 17 years

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your the mod to make him “get out of here”????

i should be informed and consulted.. i been here (ironically) 17 years
I'm not making him do anything. But he enjoyed the Rodgers years 100%.

And that's pretty funny timing. Are you going to be back after this year? Or going to take your plane down to Hattiesburg?

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

... I am a player like everyone else. I am not in a position where I make authoritative decisions,
C'mon LTF. You know better than this. He might not 'techinically' be the one making 'authoritative' decisions, but if you pay attention you'll see what's going on. He was very vocal about his desire to get Antonio Brown, Gronk, Fournette, etc.

Bruce Ariens literally said "we're not in the Antonio Brown business". Guess what ended up happening as a result? They signed him because Brady wanted him. Brady orchestrated convincing Gronk to come out of retirement and getting the Bucs to trade for him.

Just watch. Edelman will be there before it's all over with.

To think Brady has nothing to do with what's going on with personnel is just naïve.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
C'mon LTF. You know better than this. He might not 'techinically' be the one making 'authoritative' decisions, but if you pay attention you'll see what's going on. He was very vocal about his desire to get Antonio Brown, Gronk, Fournette, etc.

Bruce Ariens literally said "we're not in the Antonio Brown business". Guess what ended up happening as a result? They signed him because Brady wanted him. Brady orchestrated convincing Gronk to come out of retirement and getting the Bucs to trade for him.

Just watch. Edelman will be there before it's all over with.

To think Brady has nothing to do with what's going on with personnel is just naïve.
The quote.. Rodgers said the opposite

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I took away from Rodger's interview is that some of those mentioned players were pre Gute. And so maybe he was targeting Murphy. It is the GM's job (or maybe Murphy's?) to determine when to move on from a player. It is never fun but like many have said, better too early than too late. There is sadness involved in a lot of players when they are let go. It is not an easy thing for most people on both sides of the equation. Maybe (probably?) it could have been done better. And it should be done with class and understanding. But there still will be sadness for the ones that are nearing over the hill status. It is a job that has to be done imho. It is a big part of running the team. There will be surprises and some players will have more left in the tank or were just better players than thought. There are probably a lot of people in the loop for those decisions. I don't think the Rodger's personality would fit it real good with those kind of decisions. He seems like kind of a demanding person to me. Does he want to be part of the process or does he want to be the decision maker?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've long suspected the only "major" issue with Gute is perhaps the lack of discussions about Love pick with Rodgers....and the rest is purely management decisions more so with Murphy because aside from maybe Kumerow I don't believe there was any issues roster wise in departures.....perhaps Bulaga?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Just take the Tampa Bay Buccaneers letting Tom Brady have personnel input as an example of how awful of an idea it is.

Oh wait...
I don't think the Cobb thing, which is the direct correlation to Brady's input, rubbed folks the wrong way as much as the "this is what I want for ME" stuff. There may have been some of that with Brady, but I don't remember it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not making him do anything. But he enjoyed the Rodgers years 100%.

And that's pretty funny timing. Are you going to be back after this year? Or going to take your plane down to Hattiesburg?
OK, now some of the posts make sense. If one can one hundred percent enjoy having your team dismissed from the playoffs in a variety of hurtful ways, one can enjoy any of the players 100%, also.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have missed the part where he said he wanted a say in personnel decisions. What I heard was that he wanted them to listen to his input. I think everyone saying he wants to be the GM is reading too much into it.

I guess I don't see anything wrong with him adding his input to decisions that affect him. If you have two players at the bottom of the WR depth chart who
are pretty much equal and Aaron knows everyone loves one of them but the other is a ********* that everyone hates why not listen to him and take that into consideration. That's what I am hearing.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but my employer hasn`t paid me millions of dollars and constantly kissed my *** telling me how good I was. If they did, AND saved me from further embarrasment when I thought I was best thing since sliced bread in the draft, I might show some humility.

You'd want everyone to always be humble but hardly anyone is...I don't think it should matter how much his employer pays him. I look at that as good for him, he's getting something a lot closer to the price of time than me

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have missed the part where he said he wanted a say in personnel decisions. What I heard was that he wanted them to listen to his input. I think everyone saying he wants to be the GM is reading too much into it.

I guess I don't see anything wrong with him adding his input to decisions that affect him. If you have two players at the bottom of the WR depth chart who
are pretty much equal and Aaron knows everyone loves one of them but the other is a ********* that everyone hates why not listen to him and take that into consideration. That's what I am hearing.
From a practical standpoint, why would anyone want management to "listen to his input" unless he thinks that input will affect the decision?

Decisions "that affect him" also affect the rest of the team.

What if the "******" that everyone hates is a buddy that he wants to retain?

Do you think that, if there's a marginal player everyone loves and one that everyone hates, it wouldn't be (at least) an open secret?

Other than that, I agree. :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

If cobb isnt here either is rodgers.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You'd want everyone to always be humble but hardly anyone is...I don't think it should matter how much his employer pays him. I look at that as good for him, he's getting something a lot closer to the price of time than me
You might be right mate, but in my simple way of looking at it is, MY WAY. He`s an employee of the Green Bay Packer organisation, he isn`t the Green Bay organisation. Sorry mate, I might be a simpleton, but that`s my honest opinion.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am worried about how tough this schedule is. Their could easily be a 2 game losing streak that will test everyone's patience. Players, FO, & Fans alike. Double digit wins would be a successful season and get you in the play offs. If Rodgers continues to be a distraction and the teams play suffers if I am Cobb I am pissed. This may be the silver lining in trading for Cobb. Rodgers does not want to be the reason for a bad GB season.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If AR does play will his mind be fully focussed? & if he isn't focused we will lose games but more importantly AR might get hurt & badly.

Take your eye off the ball & it could get nasty real quick. Not wishing any player to get hurt but the game is such that a moment of inattention can be catostrophic. Does AR really want to risk his health to make a point?

Last edited:

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time I posted on here ARod had zero superbowls (though that was to change in a matter of weeks), but I guess this thread doesn't have enough opinions so...nah I'll just shut up, I honestly feel we don't know enough about the interpersonal relationships between the people involved to know exactly what all this is about, even after Rodgers' press conference. I just hope they can handle it professionally and give us the best possible Packers season in 2021 and beyond.

What triggered me to post was Randall Cobb's press conference today. What a class act...I absolutely loved that he almost admitted getting out of Houston was just like coming out of jail, then realized what he said and quickly tried to praise the Texans organization for the ongoing improvements :-D. After listening to AR and Gute, it was welcome to hear someone who looked like he was saying what he thinks.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I’m confused. Is Rodgers still under contract for 2022? i.e. the Packers have something to trade? What happens capwise if we trade him next April? OK A-rod…. you got everything you want…. Put up or shut up time Mr. MVP (except in NFCCGs), or did Green Bay also have to give him play calling authority on 4th down. Can you see LaFluer calling for the FG and Rodgers pulls a contract page out of his jockstrap and tells Longwell…. “Not so fast kicker-boy…. Yeah I whiffed 3 straight downs (again) in the red zone…. But para 3 subsection 2 bowlegs (i) of my contract give me veto power in the final minutes of NFCCGs where I haven’t done jack squat the entire second half”….

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I’m confused. Is Rodgers still under contract for 2022? i.e. the Packers have something to trade? What happens capwise if we trade him next April? OK A-rod…. you got everything you want…. Put up or shut up time Mr. MVP (except in NFCCGs), or did Green Bay also have to give him play calling authority on 4th down. Can you see LaFluer calling for the FG and Rodgers pulls a contract page out of his jockstrap and tells Longwell…. “Not so fast kicker-boy…. Yeah I whiffed 3 straight downs (again) in the red zone…. But para 3 subsection 2 bowlegs (i) of my contract give me veto power in the final minutes of NFCCGs where I haven’t done jack squat the entire second half”….

Maybe Rodgers should of just kept the team out there and went for it on 4th down...I mean let's be honest who do you think the players would have listened to Rodgers or MLF?

Point being he doesn't need a piece of paper to be able to do that...

Members online

Latest posts