Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to say I told ya so, but...

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to say I told ya so, but...

Seems to me like the new agreement severely reduces any trade compensation we might get for Rodgers. Because apparently his current contract is now up after the 2022 season. And it doesn't look like we're trading him this season.

Personally, I would like to see Rodgers finish his career as a Packer. So I hope he and the front office can hash out some kind of good will between them in the coming months. As I said, I hope Rodgers stays. But he doesn't have to be a **** about it.

I saw some article about the Bears celebrating because they'll be rid of Rodgers in two years (or less). Well, we'll see.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the AR presser I'm wishing the Packers would have called his bluff on retirement and then traded him next March. Diva is no longer a strong enough word to describe this A-hole. I'm surprised he didn't demand they change the team name to the Green Bay Rodgers.

Unless he gets injured, I'm probably taking the season off. I'm looking forward to the Jordan Love Experience in 2022.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
After the AR presser I'm wishing the Packers would have called his bluff on retirement and then traded him next March. Diva is no longer a strong enough word to describe this A-hole. I'm surprised he didn't demand they change the team name to the Green Bay Rodgers.

Unless he gets injured, I'm probably taking the season off. I'm looking forward to the Jordan Love Experience in 2022.
Yeah it really sucks to have a quarterback that wants to win so much that he feels like he could have a bigger impact on the ability of the Packers to win. I definitely don't want players who care about winning as much as he does. It's awful, really.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to me like the new agreement severely reduces any trade compensation we might get for Rodgers. Because apparently his current contract is now up after the 2022 season. And it doesn't look like we're trading him this season.

Personally, I would like to see Rodgers finish his career as a Packer. So I hope he and the front office can hash out some kind of good will between them in the coming months. As I said, I hope Rodgers stays. But he doesn't have to be a **** about it.

I saw some article about the Bears celebrating because they'll be rid of Rodgers in two years (or less). Well, we'll see.
I hope so as well, but his history doesn't lean that direction. He holds grudges, he doesn't let them go.

Also, while it was surprising to hear him speak with such candor today, Im cautiously optimistic that it was a palette cleansing for him.

Hopefully his airing of grievances will allow him with Cobb as a fig leaf to jump in full board. Time will tell.

If I were betting money, I think this gets worse, not better... Sooner than later. Likely sooner as in " before the 2021 season begins".

Just a hunch, but his words and demeanor today did not lend to settling back in.

He can still make things VERY uncomfortable in the coming weeks in an attempt to force their hands. And if we are looking at things clearly, take the Cobb thing off the table and nothing has actually changed other than the date.

Also, there the whole "negotiating with terrorists thing". If Aaron says "bring back Micah" or "bring back kumerow" tomorrow and the FO balks, we are back at square one. It's the whole issue with giving in to a player.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it really sucks to have a quarterback that wants to win so much that he feels like he could have a bigger impact on the ability of the Packers to win. I definitely don't want players who care about winning as much as he does. It's awful, really.

Care about winning? Are you kidding me? He's taken it upon himself to tear the team down. He's a disgrace.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I hope so as well, but his history doesn't lean that direction. He holds grudges, he doesn't let them go.

Also, while it was surprising to hear him speak with such candor today, Im cautiously optimistic that it was a palette cleansing for him.

Hopefully his airing of grievances will allow him with Cobb as a fig leaf to jump in full board. Time will tell.

If I were betting money, I think this gets worse, not better... Sooner than later. Likely sooner as in " before the 2021 season begins".

Just a hunch, but his words and demeanor today did not lend to settling back in.

He can still make things VERY uncomfortable in the coming weeks in an attempt to force their hands. And if we are looking at things clearly, take the Cobb thing off the table and nothing has actually changed other than the date.

Also, there the whole "negotiating with terrorists thing". If Aaron says "bring back Micah" or "bring back kumerow" tomorrow and the FO balks, we are back at square one. It's the whole issue with giving in to a player.
Having a unanimous 1st ballot hall of famer on the roster is such a hinderance.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a silly take. Every player at this level wants to win. A qb playing part time GM is a recipe for disaster, no matter how well they play. Same with a qb that wants to coach. Just ask Bart Starr.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What a silly take. Every player at this level wants to win. A qb playing part time GM is a recipe for disaster, no matter how well they play. Same with a qb that wants to coach. Just ask Bart Starr.
Yeah. Just take the Tampa Bay Buccaneers letting Tom Brady have personnel input as an example of how awful of an idea it is.

Oh wait...

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Lol, taking a single example and making it the rule works EVERY TIME. Silly pissing match and I'm done with it.
First time you don't like a point someone makes you take your ball and go home.

Nice talk :tup:

BTW - Tom Brady isn't the only quarterback in history that's had a say in personnel and the team still had success. Those of your ilk just pretend like it's something Rodgers invented.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers will win 4 games? 8 games? Miss the playoffs?

Go ahead. Step out there and tell me what's going to happen.
I don't know what's going to happen and neither do you. What I can tell you is there is very little example of a time a player created a massive distraction to then prove it. Pretty sure Jordans bulls are the only time. This ain't that.

I think we can very easily win a SB, even with the drama. But the drama created doesn't ENHANCE our chances, it hurts them.

But by all means, feel free to share examples of the drama improving a team. Don't worry, I'll wait.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't know what's going to happen and neither do you. What I can tell you is there is very little example of a time a player created a massive distraction to then prove it. Pretty sure Jordans bulls are the only time. This ain't that.

I think we can very easily win a SB, even with the drama. But the drama created doesn't ENHANCE our chances, it hurts them.

But by all means, feel free to share examples of the drama improving a team. Don't worry, I'll wait.
This is all going to be a non issue very quickly. Now that the reunion is over with and questions have been answered, it's time for 53 men and a coaching staff to do their jobs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. Just take the Tampa Bay Buccaneers letting Tom Brady have personnel input as an example of how awful of an idea it is.

Oh wait...

... I am a player like everyone else. I am not in a position where I make authoritative decisions,

Members online

Latest posts