Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Do you #12 lovers really think that he is done with his revenge tour? What happens in the middle of the season when he decides that he can't take the booing and hate which he most surely deserves? What happens when he starts his sour **** attitude and shakes his head in disgust? What happens when he decides to really screw the Packers? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Packers fans will not be booing Rodgers midseason. lol...

7-2 trumps hurt widdle feelings.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He literally has the younger version of Cobb in Rodgers who literally has said Amari is better than him if memory serves....this is just getting more stupid by the minute.
Eh...idk I'm not a big fan of Cobb but Amari Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers are so I feel like it probably would help the team. As long as the draft pick isn't too high and Cobb takes a payout

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you #12 lovers really think that he is done with his revenge tour? What happens in the middle of the season when he decides that he can't take the booing and hate which he most surely deserves? What happens when he starts his sour **** attitude and shakes his head in disgust? What happens when he decides to really screw the Packers? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Hes back...shame on you

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say this and only this...by caving in and giving AR the out the org is setting themselves up for larger problems. This could create a domino effect of future and current players dictating to the crown jewel of the NFL...you can't have it both ways, you just cannot.

Yes you can it's called balance

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel one bit of shame. Sorry if that puts a damper on your giddiness.

Haha dude I'm joking with you it's just a game you know...I'm not giddy about being right at all but I am stoked to go see some Packer games this season. Anytime you get to watch a guy like Michael Jordan live in person that's pretty special

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha dude I'm joking with you it's just a game you know...I'm not giddy about being right at all but I am stoked to go see some Packer games this season. Anytime you get to watch a guy like Michael Jordan live in person that's pretty special
That would be special if it were possible.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So apparently I'm behind on all of this......

Summary of what Schefter has reported over the last hour:

- The Packers are offering concessions and are close to an agreement to bring Rodgers back for 2021
- The two sides met over the weekend. Rodgers was prepared to skip training camp, but the concessions on the part of the Packers have gotten Rodgers close to the point of coming back
- No new money will be included
- The new agreement upon being finalized would set up Rodgers' departure from the team after this season
- The 2023 year would be voided, with no tags allowed in the future
- The Packers would agree to review the situation at the end of the season
- Mechanisms will be put in place to address Rodgers' issues with the team
- The move would create some more cap room for the Packers
- If finalized, Rodgers will have the freedom to decide where he wants to play in 2022.
Yeah, I don't see where the trade part is. I suppose that doesn't have to be in conflict with ARod deciding where he wants to play.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was a football player his whole life… the Packers were lucky to have counted him one of theirs for a while, once Ted Thompson decided to move on… Favre was a football player for somebody else, they carried him out on his shield… a lot of people can’t understand that. Rodgers is just a friggin self absorbed egotistical head case

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- The 2023 year would be voided, with no tags allowed in the future
<snip>
- If finalized, Rodgers will have the freedom to decide where he wants to play in 2022.
If I read this correctly, doesn't this effectively destroy (or at least severely limit) Rodgers' trade value? Whatever team trades for him would only get one year. Rodgers apparently would have to approve the trade. Or perhaps Rodgers can just demand a straight up release, which would mean we get nothing for him.

Reaction score
If I read this correctly, doesn't this effectively destroy (or at least severely limit) Rodgers' trade value? Whatever team trades for him would only get one year. Rodgers apparently would have to approve the trade. Or perhaps Rodgers can just demand a straight up release, which would mean we get nothing for him.
I think that’s the point is to grease the wheel. The flexibility would be a compromise and right now neither side is budging, which means they both lose if the wheel don’t turn.
This would break the stalemate and GB would likely lose some minimal draft collateral compared to “ideal terms” but Rodgers would agree to play at least 1-2 more season for GB (1 if he underperforms and 2 if he is over performing) and GB could further spread his a large portion of his cap (which I believe they’ve tried to do already) in order to give them the best chance at making this season count. That resulting Cap savings could beneficial now by being split between signing other FA/Trade players internal or external.

My opinion is it would slightly, but NOT severely reduce his worth because whichever team signs him would then in turn negotiate a revised contract and might even have those terms agreed to beforehand. I could be entirely wrong on that but that’s just what my initial lie detector says and there’s bound to be lots of lying going on both sides. Lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
See these are the relatively minor moves that I would make as the Packers GM to keep AR from causing trouble.
I’m not sure the validity of these reports. However the Texans would have to get someone substantial in trade. Imo, they are not laying down a veteran receiver they valued enough to pay $9mil a season just to help GB fix their woes. If he was a FA it would be an entirely different story.
Id send them Burks and Jackson, then ask for a 5th rounder :whistling:

Members online

Latest posts